Mark to-do "complete" using keyboard

I use Evernote for to-do lists, but I cannot figure out how to mark an item complete using my keyboard alone.

I know that if I enter "[x] my task," then the task will be created as a completed to-do, but if I have an existing list of tasks, then I can't do this. Hitting backspace in an attempt to rewrite the "[ ]"
doesn't even work because it just merges two lines in the list.

Maybe this functionality exists, but my web searches this week haven't discovered it.

6 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  This is a pretty in-depth description - How-to: Manage your tasks with Evernote

I did see the instruction "As you complete tasks in your list, you can simply click on an item's checkbox to mark it as completed," but that's all. Am I missing something? Was there something in that article that you thought would point me in the right directrion?

(I in fact encountered that page in the course of my websearches this week, so I've missed it twice if the answer is there.)

• Level 5*

Hmmn. I just set up a quick to-do list here and I agree - there don't seem to be any keyboard shortcuts,  though clicking the box does change it as advertised.  I was trying to change my Evernote Web back to the older version* (click on your account name top left) but that seems to have killed my web access to Evernote.  Just getting white screens of apathy now...  no notes at all.  <sigh>  

* Edit:  to see if that made a difference...

• Like 1