[FIXED] Cronofy to sync reminders with calendars

• Level 5

For several years, I've used a service called Evernote Calendar Connector from Cronofy to connect reminders in my Evernote notes to my Google Calendar (Cronofy can link to other calendars too). I'm posting this in case others who use it are also currently having trouble.

Cronofy has worked well for me, but in April 2020, perhaps even already in March, it became unreliable. Adding or changing a reminder within an existing note often does not create or change a Google Calendar reminder. It was hard to tell if it's really still working at all; but at any rate, I no longer felt that it could be relied on. I contacted Cronofy support, and they said that their engineering team had identified a change made by Evernote as the root cause of this issue. They're working on a fix, and will let me know as soon as they've released it. I'll post here when I hear something.

• Thanks 2

I noticed 27 Apr 2020 that Cronofy service recently no longer updates Google Calendar. (Notes with edited dates no longer show under new date in Google Cal.) Thanks in advance for posting what you hear.

Rely on Cronofy as Evernote notifications don’t work on iPhone XR iOS 13.3.1. (Evernote doesn’t show under Notifications even after logging out/in, and deleting Evernote & reinstalling from iCloud.) Evernote notifications still work on my old iPhone 6, iOS 12.4.4.

Hi Dave,

Karl from Cronofy here 👋. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with theEvernotee Calendar Connector. As you mentioned, Evernote have made a change and our Engineering team are trying to work with Evernote to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions, feel free to email us at support [at] cronofy.com.

Thanks! Karl.

• Thanks 1

Checking https://status.cronofy.com/ there doesn't seem to be any issue confirmed by Cronofy directly. If you visit https://docs.cronofy.com/support/ you can see the support options (including support email address). If you get a response back, please let others know what you learn here. I use and enjoy Cronofy, and I recommend it often, so I hope it can be fixed for you all.

Thanks!

• Level 5

@Martin Saxby and @Ray Sidney-Smith, please see my first post in the thread! Cronofy engineers are aware of the problem (resulting from a recent change in Evernote), and are working on a solution. I will post here as soon as I hear anything from them. No harm in others contacting them too, and posting what they learn here.

• Like 1

It’s all working now - I was able to reconnect, getting passed the error page and sync began.

slight snag it stripped out all the reminder dates from Evernote, fortunately I had taken a screen shot of the reminder list and only had 35 to go through and reset reminder date!

3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

@Martin Saxby and @Ray Sidney-Smith, please see my first post in the thread! Cronofy engineers are aware of the problem (resulting from a recent change in Evernote), and are working on a solution. I will post here as soon as I hear anything from them. No harm in others contacting them too, and posting what they learn here.

3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

With the caveat that I am new to this tool, Evernote Calendar Connector seems to be working for me now too. However, some changes seem to take a good while to sync. 

• Level 5

Yes, after doing some tests it seems that they have got it back up and running. Reminders created or deleted in Evernote create and delete new Calendar events; and editing date/time in either Evernote or Calendar syncs with the other.

Further info:

• A subsequent email from Cronofy told me that they had spoken to Evernote, who resolved the issue on their side.
  • The events created in Google Calendar do not have reminders/notifications when Cronofy creates them; you have to add them manually in Calendar.
  • Also, whereas formerly the Calendar events included a cronofy.com link they now include an evernote.com/shard link.
  • Level 5

Note to whoever moved this thread to the Integrations forum: the disadvantage of doing such moves without notifying the people involved in the thread, esp. the OP, is that if they want to come back to the thread later it can be a leetle bit hard to find. Please don't. Thanks for understanding.

• Dave-in-Decatur changed the title to [FIXED] Cronofy to sync reminders with calendars
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Long time EN and Cronofy sync users.  Has anyone had problems with Cronofy sync'g reminders lately?  The service works for a day or so and then seems to quit sync'g reminders to google calendar.  I log back in and re-enable, then nothing.  Very frustrating.