Loving the inline code snippets - is there any way to do these on other clients?

Recently Evernote have enabled `inline code` if you use backticks like that (example attached).

But they don't appear in the iOS / Android / Windows / Mac clients as far as I can tell. Further, these clients seem to remove this formatting from the note.

Is this feature in the pipeline for non-web clients?

example.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5

You mean like this:

SCR-20220218-ril.png.e8460760d9e6fc695428cd9a7466a90d.png

From my Mac client 10.31. Set a back tic before the word, write it (or more), a back tic after it, and press ENTER. The cursor moves to the next line, and the word is boxed. Now press backspace to go back to the prior line. The boxed text will stay conserved, and you can continue writing in normal format.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

You mean like this:

SCR-20220218-ril.png.e8460760d9e6fc695428cd9a7466a90d.png

From my Mac client 10.31. Set a back tic before the word, write it (or more), a back tic after it, and press ENTER. The cursor moves to the next line, and the word is boxed. Now press backspace to go back to the prior line. The boxed text will stay conserved, and you can continue writing in normal format.

Doesn't work on Windows

image.png.6a206a1a259a061e18a0b32001e22e9a.png

• Level 5

I have a dead sure way for you to get it to your keyboard. It is, however, arduous and may not work right away:

1. Enroll into a German language course
  2. Get a decent level, maybe college grade equivalent. Will take some years, German is not known to be the most accessible language in the world. But with energy and patience, you will do it.
  3. When certified, get one of these very helpful German keyboards

And trara - there it is:

IMG_4198.thumb.jpg.d8c1420c38191cf1743bea927c8fb8dc.jpg

For everybody else (if there is no back tic), every character can be produced from the Windows or Mac symbol table. It is called differently on both systems, it is a little system helper offering all characters, if on the keyboard or not. It will show the keyboard shortcut as well - it may well be it exists, but behind some ctrl/opt/shift-key combination, or worst case a number code.

P.S. Yes, I should remember to clean my keyboard these days.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

I have a dead sure way for you to get it to your keyboard. It is, however, arduous and may not work right away:

1. Enroll into a German language course
  2. Get a decent level, maybe college grade equivalent. Will take some years, German is not known to be the most accessible language in the world. But with energy and patience, you will do it.
  3. When certified, get one of these very helpful German keyboards

And trara - there it is:

IMG_4198.thumb.jpg.d8c1420c38191cf1743bea927c8fb8dc.jpg

For everybody else (if there is no back tic), every character can be produced from the Windows or Mac symbol table. It is called differently on both systems, it is a little system helper offering all characters, if on the keyboard or not. It will show the keyboard shortcut as well - it may well be it exists, but behind some ctrl/opt/shift-key combination, or worst case a number code.

P.S. Yes, I should remember to clean my keyboard these days.

PinkElephant, thank you for all the help, but that doesn't work either. I am disgusted that a. Evernote let's a customer provide free tech support for a paid product (greed) and b. This most simple feature is not included. Do any engineers use Evernote? Or am I the only one?

2022-02-22_15-35-10.png

• Level 5

No problem with sharing with other users from my side - it helps me to better understand use cases and software application. I am myself in consulting, by no means for EN, just to mention this little detail.

About the code: The feature is included, and I really do not understand why you can’t produce a simple back tic, neither through the keyboard or at least the symbol / code table. The link you provided explains it pretty well, so no idea what is stopping it from working.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

I'm using the the web client and I do not need to press the ENTER key after the closing tick.  Just a space would also do.

I have also noted, with my keyboard on Windows (I also use the same keyboard on Ubuntu UNIX and there it does not happen) if I press the accent/backtick key, it does not immediately show.  It only shows after the next key is pressed.  This is a keyboard/bios thing. Its supposed to be a shortcut for if you want to make an accented vowel, so if you type BACKTICK + A you get (à), and if you type BACKTICK + B you get (`b)