increase/decrease selected text font size with plus/minus button

Eser K

Idea

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Eser K said:

Hi,

It would be great if we can increase/decrease selected text font size with plus/minus button. I always looking for this button when editing content.

Thanks

Hi. If you click in the note window have you tried Ctrl + / Ctrl - ?

57 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi. If you click in the note window have you tried Ctrl + / Ctrl - ?

Hi, I didnt mean that. I mean changing the size of only selected text in the note.Not changing the zoom.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Eser K said:

Hi, I didnt mean that. I mean changing the size of only selected text in the note.Not changing the zoom.

Ctrl+< and Ctrl+> (or more precisely, Ctrl+Shift+, and Ctrl+Shift+.)are available in the Windows program for decreasing and increasing the font size of the currently selected text.

Just using the plain + and - keys for this functionality would be a poor UI choice, because that would be ambiguous with replacing the current text with '+' or '-' characters.

15 hours ago, jefito said:

Ctrl+< and Ctrl+> (or more precisely, Ctrl+Shift+, and Ctrl+Shift+.)are available in the Windows program for decreasing and increasing the font size of the currently selected text.

Just using the plain + and - keys for this functionality would be a poor UI choice, because that would be ambiguous with replacing the current text with '+' or '-' characters.

I dıdnt know this functıonal'ty already exists. It doesnt have to be a button in the UI, but the functionality. if the function exists it is enough for me, but if there will be buttons for it it can be very useful for fast text editing like MSWord.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Eser K said:

I dıdnt know this functıonal'ty already exists. It doesnt have to be a button in the UI, but the functionality. if the function exists it is enough for me, but if there will be buttons for it it can be very useful for fast text editing like MSWord.

Keyboard combinations are generally acknowledged to be faster for typists; you can obviously also to it via the note editor formatting menu as well (or the formatting dialog, as pointed out by @CalS).

43 minutes ago, CalS said:

Not the same but FYI Ctrl+D opens a formatting pane.  Being a right hander I like it since it is a left hand only move.  FWIW. 

Thanks both of you ,especially @CalS. This is really nice tip and can work for me.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Eser K said:

Thanks both of you ,especially @CalS. This is really nice tip and can work for me.

You are welcome.  And to @jefito's comment above, F8 toggles the note format menu off/on at the top of the note window.  Kind of six of one half a dozen of the other depending upon your preference.  For whatever reason I like the dialog.

ScreenClip.png.69b67c16c00cbd16fbdf1f5fecfd643a.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, CalS said:

Kind of six of one half a dozen of the other depending upon your preference.  For whatever reason I like the dialog.

Yep. If I was doing anything particularly fancy, especially with use of different font faces, I'd use the dialog, as that lets you get everything in one fell swoop. But since I generally just do simple boldface, italicization, increase/decrease of fonts, bullet-pointing, and simple stuff that has keyboard shortcuts, that fits my workflow better. Choice is good.

On 4/26/2020 at 12:16 PM, Eser K said:

Actually I tried the font decreasing/increasing shorcut keys (Ctrl+Shift+, and Ctrl+Shift+.) for selected text but it doesnt work as I expected. It changed the whole selected text to same font size. It is the same as changing whole text size to same specific size and not changing different font sizes to different decreased/increased sizes of selected text. Still need that functionality.