Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
atlas7

Cut and Paste into Code Block not working with blank lines.

I am seeing an issue where If I copy text and try and paste into a Code Block it will only work if the text copied does not contain a blank line.  Any text that does NOT have blank line seems to work o.k.

I am able to paste into the note itself, but not into a Code Block.

Any ideas why this is happening or how to fix it?

Yep I'm having exactly the same problem.

I'm not able to reproduce this myself. I tried copying text from copying from Evernote, Apple Mail, VS Code and IntelliJ IDEA and pasting into a code block is working in all cases. From what application are you copying the text?

Hi, I was coping code from TextEdit on a mac into the code block (chrome browser),  I just tried again with the same code and it failed to paste again

If I remove the blank lines in TextEdit it pasts in fine.

If I create a new file in Visual Studio Code, a few fines of text, new line, and a few more lines of text.  I still am unable to paste this into a code block.

It might be a chrome issue

I was only testing in the Evernote desktop client for macOS since this post is in "Evernote Mac Issues". I really don't use Evernote in the browser, so I couldn't comment on if/how this works there.

Apologies I didn't even see that bit, on my work MAC I'm not allowed to install unofficial software hence using the web browser, I haven't tied it on the PC yet which to see if I get the same issue.  Google found this post :)