HANDWRITING AND MARKUPS

Bakertam

Idea

Hello All:

I am been a long time Evernote user primary for document/email filing and project management.

However I have had to embrace Notability on my IPAD 12.9" because it is an easy tool for annotating CAD drawings that have been converted to PDF.

The ease and simplicity of Notability makes Penultimate and the entire user experience with Evernote very poor.

When will you (if ever) support annotation features directly ? Also, we have been experimenting with One Note due to it's good annotation capabilities and it wonks pretty well.

I really generally don't care for One Note but we may be forced to migrate to achieve cross platform as Notability is only Apple based. But truly, I don't want to give up Evernote

Please HELP !!

Regards,

Bruce Torello - btorello@sdaoc.com

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Bakertam said:

The ease and simplicity of Notability makes Penultimate and the entire user experience with Evernote very poor. 
When will you (if ever) support annotation features directly ?

I'm a Notability fan.  The documents are saved in Evernote as note attachment files

Evernote supports a pfd/image annotation feature,  and a sketch feature   
but I find them too basic for my needs

How-to-annotate-images-and-PDFs-in-Evernote   
How-to-add-hand-drawn-sketches-to-Evernote-on-iOS-devices

• Like 1

I could not agree more!  I have been frustrated with ENs annotation capabilities for PDFs for years.  I’ve had to use GoodNotes for this and it’s a great tool.  However, I would much rather use EN for this as it seems like the capabilities are there—and I’m hopeful that the new update being worked on will include improvements in this area.  

Just posted asking if evernote will ever add this or if it's on their roadmap. Drawing needs to be integrated for this to be a good user experience. I really hope this gets done sometime! I love marking up docs in notability as well. I will say however I LOVE Flow's UI/gestures.. if only they didn't lock you to a horizontal canvas and allowed you to upload images/docs.