Daily emails

itguy12

Idea

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 4/22/2020 at 7:20 AM, itguy12 said:

I have not received my daily email summary in about a week now. What could be causing this? Is anyone else experiencing this?

The reminder email is working for me (April 20)    
edit: email also received April 23

Hello-

I have not been receiving the daily Evernote Reminders summary email since approximately March 4. I have checked the "Receive Reminders Email" box in Options and have tried reverting back to a previous version of EN (version 6.18) with the help of EN tech support. At this point I am in a holding pattern. This feature is extremely helpful to me and I was hoping someone may have a work-around or permanent fix that I have yet to try.

Thank you- 

Not working for me as well. I have cycled the flag in options, logged out, and tried a previous version of EN. Nothing has worked going on over a month for me. I was holding out hope that EN would resolve. This is a great feature that I rely on daily. 

• Level 5*
On 4/22/2020 at 11:50 AM, CalS said:

Not working for me at this point.  Just cycled the flag in options.  See if that helps tomorrow.

Didn't help.  No Reminder email this morning.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, CalS said:

Didn't help.  No Reminder email this morning.

Hilarious.  Reminder email just arrived, 4:31 PM my time.  Will see if it is back for real tomorrow morning I suppose.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, CalS said:

Reminder email just arrived, 4:31 PM my time.

Still no problem with my emails
The setting is for Pacific Standard Time (GMT-08.00)
and they arrive shortly after 5am PDT1765267750_ScreenShot2020-04-24at6_28_58AM.png.6543773785271e958f483664072f4961.png

screenshot is from the web app

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Still no problem with my emails
The setting is for Pacific Standard Time (GMT-08.00)
and they arrive shortly after 5am1765267750_ScreenShot2020-04-24at6_28_58AM.png.6543773785271e958f483664072f4961.png

screenshot is from the web app

They seem to be back.  Arrived at 4:11 this morning. 

• Level 5

Cal did reset his reminders. It seems it reactivated the feature, at least for now.

My solution is different: I keep all my reminders in my task manager (Things 3, only Mac/iOS). If I want a reminder for a note in EN, I create a link to that not by sharing, and create a new reminder with this share. The reminder is controlled in Things, when it comes up, it is one click, and the note opens.

I prefer this because reminder / task organisation is much better in Things, with recurring reminders, projects and the like. And i prefer to have all my reminders in one spot, not distributed over several apps.

This can be done with every task manager that can store links. Because EN is like a private web space, it works as good as real web sites as links.

UPDATE: REMINDER EMAIL IS NOW WORKING: I changed my time zone when logged into Evernote online to: Account /Settings / Reminders/ Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time - America/Vancouver

Ever since making this change (I did have it set to Eastern time zone) on last Friday I have received the email summary of reminders due for the particular day set in the reminder at the correct time - just as before. I'm not sure if the change of the time zone from Eastern to Pacific was the solution or if Evernote made changes on their end. Just wanted to update anyone with this scenario and offer the possible solution of changing your time zone setting.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, KHAOS155 said:

UPDATE: REMINDER EMAIL IS NOW WORKING: I changed my time zone when logged into Evernote online to: Account /Settings / Reminders/ Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time - America/Vancouver

Ever since making this change (I did have it set to Eastern time zone) on last Friday I have received the email summary

Thanks for the info   
I've always been on PST and haven't had any problems

It would be useful if you contact Support (https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action)   
and get their feedback

Thank you, yes I have contacted support and been assigned a support ticket. Unfortunately since my post last Thursday, my reminder email is now no longer working. I had reminders that were due both yesterday (Monday) and today. I have checked all junk/spam folders. I am going to try cycling time zones again in my reminders setting and I will update with any information I can learn from my support request with EN. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, KHAOS155 said:

Thank you, yes I have contacted support and been assigned a support ticket. Unfortunately since my post last Thursday, my reminder email is now no longer working. I had reminders that were due both yesterday (Monday) and today. I have checked all junk/spam folders. I am going to try cycling time zones again in my reminders setting and I will update with any information I can learn from my support request with EN. 

In the meantime you could sign up for something like followupthen.  This service lets you send yourself reminder emails.  Once signed up you can send an email to 8amdaily@folloupthen.com with a subject of Check your reminders and you will get a reminder email every day at 8am.  Not the same as the EN version for sure, but a tickler all the same.