Synch Only Specific Folders (work/home)

Baranof

Idea

I personally pay for and love Evernote.  I use it at home and at work so have multiple installs.  I'd like to not have all my personal folders synch to my work computer.  Please consider enabling a folder by folder selection (at the parent level) - or a home / work group that triggers. Then I could select to only select the work group folders (or one by one select work folders) so that my bloated personal folders don't synch to my work computer.  

Thanks!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Baranof said:

Please consider enabling a folder by folder selection (at the parent level) - or a home / work group that triggers

Evernote has no support for folders     
There is support for two metadata fields; Notebooks and Tags

By default, Notebooks "sync" to/from the Evernote servers
We have the option to create Local Notebooks that do not sync   
 https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005107-What-is-a-local-notebook-   
Warning: This data is not backed up by Evernote.  Users must implement personal backups

A better approach is Offline Notebooks   
Users select the notebooks sync'd to a device   ("folder by folder selection")
This is currently implemented for IOS/Android platforms  
https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005177-How-to-set-up-offline-notebooks-on-mobile-devices

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

...what @DTLow said:  plus - why not create a second free account? (You'll need another email address to create it).  Use the free account for work and your subscription account for personal,  and share notebooks between the two so you can move notes across if/ when you need to

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
11 hours ago, Baranof said:

I personally pay for and love Evernote.  I use it at home and at work so have multiple installs.  I'd like to not have all my personal folders synch to my work computer.  Please consider enabling a folder by folder selection (at the parent level) - or a home / work group that triggers. Then I could select to only select the work group folders (or one by one select work folders) so that my bloated personal folders don't synch to my work computer.  

I use the two-account solution as mentioned. My personal account is premium, and my work account is free. I share several notebooks from my personal to my work account, because they're generally applicable to any company I'd be working for (I'd just get another free account if I switched jobs again), and they're synced automatically.. Mostly works fine,

At home, because I have a premium account, I can have both accounts loaded, synced, and active at the same time, so sharing from my work account to my personal account isn't really necessary (though it's nice-to-have if I need something for work from my phone). That's really handy for working at home, which is every day these days.

• Thanks 1