Image zoom in note

Allentl

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Allentl said:

Guys, why doesn't zoom work with images in notes?

Fix this please. Its 2020.

Because Evernote isn't an image processing app? Its focus is note taking.  It is possible to 'shrink' a large image to a thumbnail and to click that thumbnail to show the image at original size. If you're using the browser version of Evernote you can zoom in or out using browser controls.  But anything more complicated is just not within the current scope of the app.  Did you have a particular application where this is important?  Can you supply some more information on that?

• Level 5

The only workaround today is to place a table into a note, and place the picture(s) into the table, one pic per cell. The pictures will be resized to the dimension of the table. If you resize the table, the pictures will follow. 

As already mentioned, EN is not intended to be a tool for manipulating  pictures. You may store them (even for this better ways exist), they will be OCRed and by this made searchable for text, but there are a lot of limitations. Better use a specialized tool for pictures.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The only workaround today is to place a table into a note, and place the picture(s) into the table, one pic per cell. The pictures will be resized to the dimension of the table. If you resize the table, the pictures will follow. 

This is not true in the Windows client, from what I can see. If you click on an image, then you'll get a blue outline witha resize handle in the lower right-hand corner:

image.png.3bb1de15c868e6deebbe0450cbe91e08.png

Tug on the blue square, and the image will resize. As far as I can tell, you cannot make the image larger than its actual dimensions, but you can certainly scale it to display at a smaller size: the image itself does not change, just the scale at which it's shown. .

• Thanks 1
On 4/21/2020 at 4:46 AM, jefito said:

This is not true in the Windows client, from what I can see. If you click on an image, then you'll get a blue outline witha resize handle in the lower right-hand corner:

image.png.3bb1de15c868e6deebbe0450cbe91e08.png

Tug on the blue square, and the image will resize. As far as I can tell, you cannot make the image larger than its actual dimensions, but you can certainly scale it to display at a smaller size: the image itself does not change, just the scale at which it's shown. .

This ("How to rotate and resize images inside a note") from the official evernote help-site (link), does not work for me in the Windows client! It is impossible! For example, I have a scanned business card and it is huge in the note, I can't get it smaller without detours. WTF, @evernote, it is the year 2020?