Seach tags "and" & "or"

Hi all,

Greetings from Italy!!!

I'd like to save a search, if possible, with AND & OR operator.

All notes with TAG1 and one of: TAG2 or TAG3 or TAG4.

I did not find any solution on this, seems that the oeprator AND/OR cannot be used on the same search.

It it possible?

Thanks

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, M0sc4rd0 said:

I did not find any solution on this, seems that the oeprator AND/OR cannot be used on the same search.

It it possible?

Confirmed, Evernote search does not support full Boolean search syntax   
This applies to all searches, not just tags

There's a feature request posted at the link below.   
To indicate your support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, M0sc4rd0 said:

All notes with TAG1 and one of: TAG2 or TAG3 or TAG4.

@DTLow is right: in general there's no way to do this. But if you use wildcards, you can accomplish something similar with a little work.:if the names of TAG2, TAG3, and TAG4 have identical prefixes that TAG1 (or or other tags) doesn't have. So for example, let:

TAG1 = Task, TAG2 = Release8.0, TAG3 = Release8.1, TAG4 = Release8.2

Then a search for Task Release8* would find notes that have "Task" and any of the "Release8" tags.

Granted, this is pretty awkward, but if you have a similar type search that you do a lot, it might be worth it to rename certain tags to make them compatible with this scheme.

Note that this type of technique will work with standard text searches as well, for what that's worth.

For Evernote search reference: https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php, and https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828-How-to-use-Evernote-s-advanced-search-syntax

• Like 1