"One moment while we get back to work"

• Level 5

For a week or two, when I return to the Web client beta tab in my browser (Opera) after being away from it for an extended period of time, it will show a dialog with "One moment while we get back to work" and a spinning green circle. The circle never stops spinning, and we never "get back to work." I find that refreshing the page restores it every time. This is in v. 6.8.0 of the Web client, and may have first appeared when that version first appeared in Opera (I don't know when that happened, since I only just now checked and found that it was no longer 6.7).

• Level 5

Thanks for a laugh, @PinkElephant! And for the good wishes--the same to you! I saw a New York Times article recently that compared Germany's experience in the COVID-19 pandemic very favorably to ours in the U.S. The salient points seemed to be that the average age of those infected is lower in Germany; you have much better testing, so treatment starts earlier, and is more available; and you tend to trust your government and observe the social distancing guidelines. Here in the U.S., we tend to stop developing socially at about the age of 4, or maybe 14, so that our motto is "You're not the boss of me." Every government safety and health initiative in our history has met with resistance due to a hard-core individualism, which in this situation is highly dysfunctional.

Sorry, was that off-topic? One moment while I get back to work....

• Level 5

Well, maybe we were just lucky. Our first contact with the virus was back in January. A automotive supplier had a coworker from China flown in for a training. She was from Shanghai, but had her parents visiting her before - from Wuhan. She did not know she was infected, no blame here. She infected 4 colleagues while in meeting, these infected 12 others. Luckily this outbreak was contained by authorities (followIng up on appr. 200 contacts, quarantine, the things) - and we learned something about how it happens, how it spreads etc. All subsequent outbreaks were contained until - carnival !  

In a county in the Rhineland area a well connected businessman already felt ill (but did not think it was Corona, he thought it was a flu), and functioned as a superspreader during carnival sessions. The whole county is still under quarantine. At the same time, many (mostly young) people went skiing in the Alp mountains. There many contacted the virus, ant took it home. This really started things off. But because this group was pretty young, fatal outcome was rare.

We are now in social lockdown, and still things happen. We had an outbreak in a senior citizen residence (most of them with dementia) - 25% died. Very sad !

Luckily until now, testing is running on a very high level, authorities are still are able to follow up on many cases and the health system is running with reserves to treat severe cases (we were even able to fly in some from Italy, France and Spain). The replication period is rising, being at nearly 10 days today. When 14 days are reached, the inflow of new cases are balanced by patients recovering, which means the health system runs below a critical case load. Still when patients get older in average, fatal outcome will rise.

We have to praise our politicians that put distress aside, communicate clearly and coherently and think ahead, with very good scientifical advise. So there is hope we are spared a worse development, which inadvertently happens when the case load overwhelms the medical system.

Thank you for your feed back. I believe that a society of individuals can collaborate as good as one used to central control, it just sometimes takes a little more time to get the message through.

Wish you all, and you personally luck and a good handling of this crisis.

Maybe this was slightly off topic - and no back to work for me, since the day is nearly over here. 

• Level 5
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

We have to praise our politicians that put distress aside, communicate clearly and coherently and think ahead, with very good scientifical advise.

We have seen politicians in the U.S. do this very well, at the level of states (most states) and cities. My children live in California and New Mexico, where the political leaders have done well, although of course there is still a great deal of suffering and difficulty. At the federal level, on the other hand, the very highest level of "leadership" has been pretty much exactly the opposite of what you say.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

We are now in social lockdown, and still things happen. We had an outbreak in a senior citizen residence (most of them with dementia) - 25% died. Very sad !

This is indeed the worst type of circumstance. In the U.S., the very first major outbreak was in such a home, in the Western state of Washington, where travel to and from China is common. It gave all of us a stark view of what could happen. The most tragic thing, I think, is that people who die in senior care homes and in hospitals are isolated from their families, who of course are not allowed to see them. It is dreadful for all concerned.

Well, the steady march away from the topic continues! If anyone else does actually experience this, please do post here!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

I hate to bump things, but this thread got drifted pretty seriously, and the problem continues to occur. Is no one else experiencing this?

On 4/4/2020 at 12:42 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

For a week or two, when I return to the Web client beta tab in my browser (Opera) after being away from it for an extended period of time, it will show a dialog with "One moment while we get back to work" and a spinning green circle. The circle never stops spinning, and we never "get back to work." I find that refreshing the page restores it every time. This is in v. 6.8.0 of the Web client, and may have first appeared when that version first appeared in Opera (I don't know when that happened, since I only just now checked and found that it was no longer 6.7).

• 2 months later...

Hi - 

I am having the same problem.  Thanks for the off topic discussion btw - I was fine with all that.

So - I have a chromebook and have been using the web client with no issues for over a year.

Chrome - (Version 83.0.4103.119 (Official Build) (32-bit)

I started getting an error message that I had duplicate notes - so something was up but it was only on my chromebook in google chrome browser in regular mode.

When I went to incognito mode - I did not have the issue.  Tech support suggested I clear all my cache and that resolved that issue for about a week.

Now - when I walk away from a note and come back  - I am getting the "one moment while we get back to work" message.

So - I am not sure what has changed - or where to go from here.  Did I hit some limit of notes and now my memory on my Chrome OS is having an issue?

Is it related to my cache?  

I think the two issues I have had are related but tech support took multiple days to get back to my request and I am premium so my guess is they are short staffed and getting someone to pour through my logs is a longshot.

I am going to hit refresh and see if I lose any of my note and then clear my cache and browsing history, etc. and see if it keeps up.  Meanwhile I am going to go back to work.

Dave

• Level 5

@dminkus, hello and welcome to the forums. You may be experiencing a couple of different problems. WRT the duplicating notes, see this thread, especially the note from @Nick L. at the end. WRT the problem in the present thread, it may be connected to this issue, which I've been in dialogue with Evernote about and which they're working on. It has been pretty vexatious, but just lately I've found that clearing recent cookies, for some strange reason, seems to fix it. In any case, you shouldn't lose any notes. However, if you do have duplicated notes, be very careful as you delete the duplicates. I once did so and emptied the Trash without verifying that I still had a good copy of the note, and ended up losing it.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

"One moment" is has now taken 9 months. :(

I tried to use Evernote Web just now, because I had trouble getting my clips to import (that I really really want) so someone suggested using the Web version. Only to find out that Evernote Web won't even start up due to "One moment" error. Refreshing brings me to a blanked-out Home screen with no useful content.

Is there ANY part of Evernote that works reliably, and would justify the premium subscription?  I've used it for years on iOS, Mac, and Windows, and I've had nothing but bad luck the last few months, starting with clips that won't import and I can't find a way to clear out. I'd OK with finding a way to clear out just the blocking clip, and keep the rest, but so far zilch. 

** EDIT ** I tried Evernote Web with Chrome instead of Safar, and now the Web client seems to work. I never saw anything that might help with my original Clip Import problem, though, but at least it's usable.

Edited by dzurn
Edited
  • Level 5

You are aware that between July 2020 and today we are talking about 2 very different programs ?

So a hint how to solve a problem may, or may not work today.

For me the web client works without any problem in Safari and Firefox. There is an issue, however, that the new software (v10 and the web client) will have problems if you are above of 10.000 notes.