Due to limited staffing, chat support will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 20 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
davidorman

Which topic should I read first?

Hello, I'm a newbie. Which topic should I read first?
Thank you

Hi.  The forum is mainly used by users with questions or issues to report.  It's a random grab-bag of help, suggestions and work-arounds.  You might want to start with some YouTube videos on Evernote,  or browse here for more information -

Using Evernote - Quick Start Guide

On 4/4/2020 at 11:06 AM, davidorman said:
Hello, I'm a newbie. Which topic should I read first?
Thank you

The answer to questions like this is almost always another question: what are you trying to do?

Edit: The reason for my return question to you is that you can read lots of stuff about Evernote, some of it good, but even good advice might not fit your needs. Until you figure out what you're trying to do, you won't get much out of Evernote. If you try to describe what you're trying to do here, there are lots of people here in these forums who can give you great advice as to how to approach your use case.

...I forgot the standard advice - the best way to get used to Evernote is to start using it - even if it's only to index your collection of breakfast cereal packet tops.  You'll quickly find its strengths and weaknesses,  and if you hit something that the help pages and Youtube can't handle,  there's always someone here to give you their humble(ish) opinion...  😏

2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

...I forgot the standard advice - the best way to get used to Evernote is to start using it - even if it's only to index your collection of breakfast cereal packet tops.  You'll quickly find its strengths and weaknesses,  and if you hit something that the help pages and Youtube can't handle,  there's always someone here to give you their humble(ish) opinion...  😏

Agreed. I did that with Evernote five years ago and loved it ever since. I've tested out OneNote, and Notion, but find that Evernote is the one that fits me the best. 

• Like 2

Another good stop at YT is the channel of Carl Pullein. He is giving a lot of good Tips & Tricks around EN and how to use it to set up a GTD Get Things Done process. Great guy, very knowledgeable and enthusiastic, a lot of positive energy.

Maybe the best advise for beginners (beside all said above): Few notebooks, many tags !