My notes are doubling or even tripling themselves

Have a bug in my notes. Whenever I edit my notes now, they begin to double or even triple themselves. This only happening this morning after Evernote "crashed" again (i had to clear cookies to be able to be able to see Evernote again). Any ideas? I went through the support system and was told to create a support ticket but it didn't say how to do this.

Thanks

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, mulligja said:

I went through the support system and was told to create a support ticket

If that was the help pages online,  they don't mention that only subscribers get email support. Try @EvernoteHelps on Twitter.

If you're using the web client,  exactly how did Evernote 'crash'?  What is your browser and OS?

Ah ok, good to know. Am a bit disappointed with Evernote's support tbh but yeah you get what you pay for I guess.

The page just went blank and refreshing the page didn't bring it back. I tried to log out and log in again, but logging in but didn't bring me to my notes I just got the same blank page again. Browser is Chrome and I'm on OS Mojave. Thanks!

• Level 5

Personally I am not on the web client very often, but never had issues. But it is Catalina and Safari, in my case.

Do you use the new version, or the classical one ?

If you are on the new version (which is sort of a beta for the new editor), I would recommend to switch to the old one. The new one is known for some weird behavior, and because it is a testing ground may be changed by EN devs without notice to the users the code was modified.

Hey PinkElephant, I switched back to the older verison and that seems to have worked. I had no idea I was even using the newer/beta version, haven't been using Evernote for that long. Thank you both for your help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

I switched for a while to the new editor and got tired of it's behavior around fonts and moved back to the classic editor about a month ago.  I'm still seeing lots of duplicate notes being created.  I had four created today.  The behavior really seems to have dramatically increased in the last week.

I'm on the latest chrome (auto updating) so that may be related but it's not an uncommon pattern.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  

• Level 5*

I'm using the web client and I don't get duplications.  Are these exact copies,  or do you see slight differences in the parts being edited - extra words or lines in one or other version?

• Level 5

Please see the ongoing thread 

I have also begun to see this, for the first time, in the last couple of weeks. EN has said it happens because the service detects problems in our Internet connection. (So why does it always happen with the same one or two notes?) If that is the case, is it possible that the overall increase in load on the Internet during the COVID-19 work-from-home situation is causing this to increase??

• Level 5
On 4/3/2020 at 5:47 PM, mulligja said:

The page just went blank and refreshing the page didn't bring it back. I tried to log out and log in again, but logging in but didn't bring me to my notes I just got the same blank page again. Browser is Chrome and I'm on OS Mojave. Thanks!

Sorry I didn't see this before. I've experienced the same thing using Opera on Windows 7. Take a look at this thread:

I reported it to tech support, and they said the most recent version should have it fixed. I've still encountered it once or twice though. What I find that usually works is to go to the Help & Learning Center from the Windows desktop program, log in to Help & Learning, and then log out. Then when I go back to the blank page and refresh it, it takes me to the login page, and when I login the page is back.

• 4 weeks later...

These are mostly copies with slight differences as I update.  

When tech support said this version has fixed the issue, did they indicate how to show the version and what date this would have been deployed?

Thanks,

Alan

• Level 5
On 7/6/2020 at 2:04 PM, laird said:

These are mostly copies with slight differences as I update.  

When tech support said this version has fixed the issue, did they indicate how to show the version and what date this would have been deployed?

Thanks,

Alan

To find your version of the Web beta, click on your account initial at the top left; it will be at the bottom of the drop-down. If you're still having the problem, you might want to see (and respond to) this post from Evernote support in the thread I linked to earlier ("about 90% fixed" as of June 17):

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm only seeing this behavior in Evernote Web v6.15.0 using the classic editor.

This started happening about two months ago and my home internet is reasonably stable so I can't align this issue to any other connectivity issue.