“This site can’t provide a secure connection”

I cannot get my Evernote to sync anymore on my Dell laptop. I am using the Desktop app.  

And when I try to go to www.evernote.com (have tried both Chrome and Explorer) I get the error: 

“this site can’t provide a secure connection.  Evernote.com sent an invalid response. Try running Windows Network diagnostics. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR”

What could be wrong?  I am using my work laptop. Other colleagues can access www.evernote.com without issues. 

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, vanawesome said:

I cannot get my Evernote to sync anymore on my Dell laptop. I am using the Desktop app.  

And when I try to go to www.evernote.com (have tried both Chrome and Explorer) I get the error: 

“this site can’t provide a secure connection.  Evernote.com sent an invalid response. Try running Windows Network diagnostics. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR”

What could be wrong?  I am using my work laptop. Other colleagues can access www.evernote.com without issues. 

Are you behind the office firewall?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, vanawesome said:

Sorry what does that mean and how can I check?  Thanks 

If you are using the computer at work your company may be blocking access to Evernote.  Check with your IT team. 

• 2 years later...