Screenshot key in the editing toolbar for an existing note

Mojtaba M

Idea

Hi

When I take note and I need to take some screenshots, there is no key in the editing toolbar for my need.

I should use the key "New Screenshot Note"  and replace it to my note for any screenshot.

Thanks

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. How and where do you get you screenshots? It's easy to attach external images to an Evernote note,  and if Evernote is running,  a keyboard shortcut will take a screenshot or an area of the screen and add it directly to a note...

13 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi. How and where do you get you screenshots? It's easy to attach external images to an Evernote note,  and if Evernote is running,  a keyboard shortcut will take a screenshot or an area of the screen and add it directly to a note...

Thanks for your reply

When I'm writing a note and I want to take a screenshot, there is no key for taking it and directly add it in my existing note.

Could you help me?

• Level 5*

There's no way to add a screen shot just using Evernote's toolbar,  but I find the easiest way is to use the keyboard shortcut (which you can alter as necessary) - see Evernote for Windows > Tools > Options > Shortcut Keys and "capture screen".  Windows tends to hijack some options so I changed mine to a non-standard Ctrl+Alt+S

452026735_Clipboard1.jpg.034aa81e86be3e6c6bad90f1a642b467.jpg

Holding Shift will paste the picture to your desktop,  Ctrl will add it to your clipboard.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Mojtaba M said:

When I'm writing a note and I want to take a screenshot, there is no key for taking it and directly add it in my existing note.

We used to have that option on a Mac, just right-click in the note (discussed here)

These days I just use the OS screenshot function and paste or drag into the note

59 minutes ago, DTLow said:

We used to have that option on a Mac, just right-click in the note (discussed here)

These days I just use the OS screenshot function and paste or drag into the note

Unfortunately,  I can't find it in Windows version.

33 minutes ago, gazumped said:

There's no way to add a screen shot just using Evernote's toolbar,  but I find the easiest way is to use the keyboard shortcut (which you can alter as necessary) - see Evernote for Windows > Tools > Options > Shortcut Keys and "capture screen".  Windows tends to hijack some options so I changed mine to a non-standard Ctrl+Alt+S

452026735_Clipboard1.jpg.034aa81e86be3e6c6bad90f1a642b467.jpg

Holding Shift will paste the picture to your desktop,  Ctrl will add it to your clipboard.

When you use this keyboard shortcut, the picture save in "a new note".

Is it right?

I know what you say and use it but my problem is that during writing a note in evernote I need take a screenshot just like this

in Mac version.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Mojtaba M said:

When you use this keyboard shortcut, the picture save in "a new note".

Is it right?

If you just clip yes.  But, per @gazumped's post, if you hold the Ctrl key while selecting the clip the clip is placed on the clipboard.  You can then paste into the note.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
9 hours ago, CalS said:

If you just clip yes.  But, per @gazumped's post, if you hold the Ctrl key while selecting the clip the clip is placed on the clipboard.  You can then paste into the note.

We have a winner...