Forwarded emails not processed - Evernote internal error

Hi 

For the last couple of days some of my emails forwarded to Evernote (with a premium account) are rejected - with a retour email message from evernote saying that due do an internal error the message was not processed and I should re-send it later (see picture below - in Dutch). Re-sending does not work. This is becoming quite of a problem for me as I use that feature a lot (and it used to work like a charm in the past)- has anybody else experience this kind of problem?

image.png.9a3c7b445392917ae83057b1ad2c881f.png

Regards,

Piotr

Hello,

No, in my case emails are directly forwarded either from Outlook or Gmail. The problems seems to appear mainly for more complex emails (long conversations with multiple users  + attachments etc., not necessarily large in size) although up till now I did not find direct correlation. I have started to experience that problem around the time that I have updated Evernote to the latest version. What puzzles me is that message from Evernote's servers suggesting that the problem occurs on their servers.

Indirect solution that seems to work is the use of Evernote Clipper for Microsoft Outlook which apparently can process and successfully save the same emails which are being rejected with normal forward to an Evernote email function. 

• Like 1

I was able to forward emails to Evernote as recently as 6 days ago.

If you think the complexity of the original email is the problem, you could perhaps isolate and reproduce the problem. For example, make a copy of the original, then modify the copy to remove all attachments, perhaps even convert it to plain text instead of HTML, then forward to Evernote. If that works, you would then repeat the process, each time modify the copy less, until you discover which element of the original email Evernote has a problem with. Then you could take this information to Evernote support and tell them, hey, I've isolated the problem and can reproduce it, now you have to fix it.

However, even if you do this, I am not sure Evernote will fix it. They still offer the email to Evernote service, but improving it isn't a priority for them.