Set a Reminder on a To-Do item

mattybme

Idea

8 replies to this idea

@mattybme, I originally wanted this feature too.  Though I think in the EN system, it might end up being pretty clunk as you will have A TON of reminders attached to a particular note.  

The way I’ve done it for a little while now is that each item on my to-do list is actually a link to another note in a Notebook called To-Dos.  The advantage with this is that the specific note can now have a reminder, you can add details to it and other info that you need when you follow up to complete it.  And, now that it’s a reminder, EN has a neat way to view all of your reminders based on Due Dates built in.  

This ends up looking really clean and has been helpful for me!

41C24960-F809-4962-A8EC-5A707DBE3BED.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Level 5*
On 4/29/2020 at 5:50 AM, Dosborn126 said:

The way I’ve done it for a little while now is that each item on my to-do list is actually a link to another note in a Notebook called To-Dos.

I also use individual task notes    
ToDo lists can be generated using saved searches,
for example  Current Task List   
  reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*  
  (all reminders, exclude future dated, exclude completed)

If you need an actual ToDo note, a table-of-contents note can be created

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

I'm with @DTLow in that I use saved searches to create dynamic to do lists.  You have to be comfortable with a reminder per note (and adjusting the reminder date should the occasion arise when you have two reminders in the same note).  Also, I preface my saved searches with ! So they appear at the top of the list.  My typical view is side list with left panel closed so the magnifying glass is easy access.  So I'm never more than 2 clicks away from a to do list.

ScreenClip.png.bb6b1de81746a9fed98ee6df692b9dc7.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dosborn126 said:

@CalS Are there any pointers on how you tag your notes or set up your reminders to fit these specific searches?  

I set the date for the reminder and then use the remindertime and reminderdonetime reminderoder values in the searches.  For example:

!1 Today
remindertime:day -remindertime:day+1 -reminderdonetime:*
!2a Late
remindertime:* -remindertime:day -reminderdonetime:*
!4 Yesterday
-reminderdonetime:* remindertime:day+1 -remindertime:day+2
!5 Next 7
-reminderdonetime:* remindertime:day -remindertime:day+8

EDIT:  And since I am on Windows desktop I save the view of the saved search sorting by remindertime so I end up with a nice lst, for me anyway.

ScreenClip.png.15f82ad2dca45c3cc79fe3d87d8f42e1.png

• Like 1