Dictionary app for evernote

• Level 5*

Wow - are you using foreign or technical terms?  I normally find that it's a pain for a day or two,  but the dictionary gradually retains all the terms I need to use.  What device and OS are you using?  (and are we talking about the installed or the web version?)

Thanks gazumped. Yeah, technical terms but thing is MS Word / OneNote does not flag these terms. I am using installed version and I have premium. I am seeking a way to improve Evernote's native dictionary functionality.

• Level 5*

OK - you may be able to find and edit the user.dic file - not sure where it is on the latest installations,  or whether you can edit it,  but it's worth a try...  (currently searching my system to see if I can find one,  but it's taking a while...)

EDIT:  and of course as soon as I hit 'return' - try C:Users\<you>\Evernote\Dict....

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

The current dictionary function is supported by the individual OS at which you are running EN.

Probably there is sort of an integration while you stay in one biotope (like the Apple devices synced via iCloud). If it is, it is not done by EN.

Probably you will run out of inventing new spelling one day !

• Level 5*

Suggestion: attach a copy of that file to a note when you finish a session with Evernote. When you start again on a different machine,  either overwrite the current file on that device,  or just open and edit the dictionary file. Adds new terms to the local dictionary in one operation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...