Red exclamation mark, can't sync

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help with this: I am using the current version of EN for Windows 10 (premium), and have been unable to sync notes for several days. The sync button in the app has a red exclamation on it. Otherwise there have been no error messages. When I click sync, it spins for a few seconds, and then stops. Please see the activity log below. I am able to sync EN to my Apple devices. Here is what I have tried (in no particular order):
1. Made sure I'm connected to the internet. 
2. Emptied the trash.
3. Restarted computer.
4. Reinstalled EN.
5. Exported all files, deleted all EN notes on my Windows system, and imported the notes back in. They are all visible in the app, but they won't sync. My original notes are all still available on EN online. 
6. Tried "ctrl+sync" and no notes showed up. 
7. Checked EN status to make sure it wasn't on their end (again, this has been going on for several days).
8. Submitted ticket for support, not sure how Evernote is operating currently due to the coronavirus, but I am waiting for a response.
9. EN support chat seems to be unavailable.
10. Checked EN online, all of my notes are there, except for the ones I was working on after EN stopped syncing. 
11. Tried "fix all notes" and "optimize database," just to be thorough. 

I am wondering if I should completely purge all EN files from my computer, reinstall EN, and then import the notes? Does this look like an issue with colliding notes, and if so, how would I find them?
I apologize if this has been answered before, I haven't found any other posts relating to this problem that suggest anything I haven't tried by now. 

Thanks so much for any help/suggestions. Stay safe!

16:21:03 [INFO   ] [6352] [10992] 9% Retrieving resource, total size=6659376
16:21:03 [INFO   ] [6352] [10992] 9% * guid={1a6ecd6e-7b88-437e-9ea5-8e158c6f6f3a}
16:21:03 [INFO   ] [6352] [10992] 9% * note={d830bc51-495a-40ed-ac93-bd88f4a9d527}
16:21:03 [INFO   ] [6352] [10992] 9% * resource data, size=6659376
16:21:03 [INFO   ] [6352] [8680] 11% Submitting a batch of 7 note calls, size=6.2 MB
16:21:04 [ERROR  ] [6352] [8680] 11% EDAMSystemException: errorCode=INTERNAL_ERROR message="0e4c89d1d8fa3f01bb270864d3aa04e0"
16:21:04 [INFO   ] [6352] [10992] 11% Submitting a batch of 12 note calls, size=8.9 MB
16:21:05 [ERROR  ] [6352] [10992] 11% EDAMSystemException: errorCode=INTERNAL_ERROR message="06d550990b3f75c3c9b1a6b1cbf9ae6c"
16:21:05 [INFO   ] [6352] [8744] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
16:21:05 [INFO   ] [6352] [8744] * elapsed time: 3s

I have had this happen a few times in the past and have documented the process to fix, based on EN Support feedback and from other users on this forum...here's a copy.

Sometimes the issue might just be that EN Servers are down for maintenance.  If Not, You Need to Identify Your Unsynced Notes so you can fix them.  So, If seeing "!" on your end, use these methods/steps to reveal any unsynced notes:

FIND UNSYNCED NOTES - METHOD 1
  1. Click 'All Notes' from Left Panel
  2. Press/Hold the CTRL key & Then Click on the Sync icon from the Toolbar menu.  This should display the notes that are the issue.  You can then modify/work with them to get them to sync.  
FIND UNSYNCED NOTES - METHOD 2

1. Select the Note List View Icon and select Top List or Side List
  2. At the top of the note list, Select the Sort Icon > Sort notes by > Sync
  3. Unsynced notes will be listed with a dot displayed in the Sync column
?name=Unsynced+-+1.png
?name=Unsynced+-+2.png

FIX IDENTIFIED NOTES - METHOD
After that you're able to see the unsynced notes, please follow the steps below.
  1. Copy and paste the content out of the referenced note into a new note
  2. Delete the referenced note
  3. Go to your 'Trash' notebook at the bottom of your notebooks list and delete the note from there so it's entirely removed from your account
  4. Sync Evernote

Attachments:  Unsynced - 1.png  |  Unsynced - 2.png

Thanks Rav! I did try both of those methods for locating the problematic note, and nothing showed up. Thankfully, I have resolved the issue now though, ironically enough. In case anyone is reading this post in the future, this is what finally worked:
1. Export all notes to a removable storage device. For me, I only had a problem on the Window's devices, so I used my friend's Mac to create the backup file.
2. Delete everything from EN online, including emptying the trash (I didn't delete from the app, because it wouldn't sync anyway). 
3. Delete the EN database stored on your computer, and reinstall EN (there are several threads that explain how to do this).
4. EN creates a new database on your computer, now with zero notes. 
5. Insert backup device and import notes. 
6. You will need to recreate your notebooks, but at least the notes should be there. 

I don't use tags, but they should be fine, because when you import/export, you are always asked if you want to include tags. 

Well that was satisfying, hopefully I won't need to do this again. 
Thanks again Rav for reaching out. I would never have figured this out without folks like you posting stuff on these forums. I really appreciate it. 

Windows 10
EN version 6.24.2.8919

20:20:24 [INFO   ] [8588] [3944] Client synchronization finished, status: complete

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, DJK72 said:

1. Export all notes to a removable storage device.

Doesn't need to be a portable device.

16 hours ago, DJK72 said:

6. You will need to recreate your notebooks, but at least the notes should be there. 

If you export your notes on a notebook-by-notebook basis, you can preserve your notebooks (though you'll need to rename them, unless you use ENScript, which has an option to import into a named notebook).In Windows, you can automate this: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/53536-how-to-backing-up-evernote-using-powershell/, probably on Mac as well

As far as i Know, you'll also need to re-create note links as well.

• 9 months later...