I just did a search for Diamond Mountain which I know is in a note and which I found by hunting. But the search said it wasn't there. Interestingly, when I entered "diamond", it even suggested "diamond mountain", obviously it had to find that note to suggest this! WTF! This problem has plagued EN users for years! I found another thread suggesting a fit under Help, Troubleshooting, but that menu item has been removed. It's almost like the developers are trying to make it difficult! What good is a notes app where you can't search your notes? Very frustrating!

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, salgud said:

I just did a search for Diamond Mountain which I know is in a note and which I found by hunting. But the search said it wasn't there.

I see no issue in a text search of Diamond Mountain1759867205_ScreenShot2020-03-23at8_56_40AM.png.56b4edceea8e143b4a5f4bd718c978a7.png
Can you post the exact note content

Edit: I just tried the same search again, and it found it. Just another ephemeral glitch in EN, I guess. 

I'm glad it's not an issue for you! Maybe I made it up, or don't know how to do a search? Here's the page. The strikeout font shouldn't make any difference, but that doesn't matter either because that's why I was searching for it, and was added after the fruitless search. 

On Writing, Stephen King
The Martian, Andy Weir
American Pastoral, Phillip Roth
Where the Red Fern Grows, Wilson Rawls
The Water Knife
Winter Journal
The Lemon Tree

Drive - Daniel Pink (ref TED talk)
Mtns Beyond Mtns
Autism -Born on a blue day
Anything by Donna Tartt
 A Death on Diamond Mountain - About Ian Thorsen 
George Sanders - short stories

Feeling Good
Darkness Visible - William Styron
An Unquiet Mind - Kay Jamison
3 pillars of zen - tedious

Dynamics of Time and Space: Transcending Limits on Knowledge
Tarthang Tulku
  • Level 5*
18 minutes ago, salgud said:

The strikeout font shouldn't make any difference, but that doesn't matter either because that's why I was searching for it, and was added after the fruitless search. 

I created a note with diamond mountain in it and was able to find it on my PC and IOS with and without the strike through.  Hard to tell if there is a special character in there somewhere messing up the works.  Have you tried typing over diamond mountain in the current note?  Or adding it as text somewhere else in the note.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Search in EN is not really Boolean, which can create a surprise for those used to search with formal search languages.

I found these support documents helpful:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314498-How-to-find-notes-using-descriptive-search-in-Evernote-for-Mac

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828-How-to-use-Evernote-s-advanced-search-syntax

Apart of this, when I had search issues they were a) typos b) issues related to the OCR, especially if the language chosen for the OCR was wrong, resulting in the wrong dictionary used to check for words.

Thanks for your reply. As I said above, it fixed itself. Just for your info, It was not a Boolean search, just a straight up text search, origninally for one word, then two. The note was not created by OCR, it was straight text entry directly into EN. Nothing complicated. And I re-entered the search word(s) to make sure there was no hidden characters or incorrect entries. 

• Thanks 1

This issue has been plaguing me as well.  The suggested string will show up in the typeahead search and when I click on it, or search the full string, it will come back and say nothing is found.  It basically makes Evernote useless as an actual notebook.

[Here is the search and suggestions]

[1169012138_ScreenShot2020-03-30at11_09_56AM.png.46ed580a29e7f80920d11df821988a91.png

[and what happens when I click on the suggestion]

753458711_ScreenShot2020-03-30at11_11_48AM.thumb.png.754dde9b1970edf2e29ec2010edd2d66.png

[and here is the note that the suggestion presumably was based off of but search apparently cannot actually find]

285940775_ScreenShot2020-03-30at11_12_55AM.png.09f7d89bbb63ab4fb320604f9ca409d3.png

• Level 5*
On 3/30/2020 at 1:16 PM, hightidetech said:

This issue has been plaguing me as well.  The suggested string will show up in the typeahead search and when I click on it, or search the full string, it will come back and say nothing is found.  It basically makes Evernote useless as an actual notebook.

Is this from IOS or the browser?  Looks like the browser version not the IOS app.  IAC, try searching for just churned.  Not sure all that suggestion stuff is up to snuff in the new browser version.

• 2 months later...

It’s been almost 3 months since I posted this and search still doesn’t work. Good job Evernote!🙄I’m certainly not a professional programmer, but I can do better than these clowns.