"Copy Note Link" URL into browser does not launch "Open Evernote.app" dialog

I'm 2.5 hours in on this and it is killing me. I've had 3 people trying to help me and none of us can figure it out. Please help me :(

Steps to repeat

1. In the desktop application, pick a note and select "Note => Copy Note Link"
  2. Paste that link into your favorite browser
  3. Hope that the "Open Evernote.app" dialog pops up
  4. But it doesn't so all I can do is log in to Evernote and look at my note there

I use Evernote as a reference and I link to pages from outside sources. I never recall this not working!

Now that it seems to not be working, I did some more digging:

• The link does not launch the "Open Evernote.app" on any browser on two of my computers. One is a very new MacBook Pro. The other is an old Mac Pro. On the new MacBook Pro, Evernote was installed from the App Store. But not on the Mac Pro.
  • The link DOES launch the "Open Evernote.app" in only Chrome (not Safari or Firefox) on my very old MacBook Pro. This has the same OS and same browser versions as the old Mac Pro. Evernote was installed from the App Store.

My friend tried it on his new MacBook Pro (Evernote installed as direct download) and he had no problem. So I guess I will uninstall and reinstall via download on my new MacBook Pro and hope that works.

Oh, and it's important to note. On every machine and every browser, when I click on a Zoom link, it just works. See the attached image. So is this an Evernote bug?!

zoom-works-evernote-does-not.png.fe439f954b5f76e12c79d213d08b60b8.png

• 7 months later...

I solved this and forgot to post. The issue was I was using the new version in my in-browser Evernote experience. Once I opted out of that, everything worked again. Crazy.

Also: I'm very disappointed to not receive help on this topic. Almost as disappointed as the latest update not including top list view and sort by tag. What the hell?!

• 1 year later...

Hello, could you kindly explain simply how to change links to open in APP, not browser. I have shared a few links with fellow EN users, but the link is opening in brower, not app. Advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Level 5

No, I couldn’t explain. Luckily as another user I don’t need to. The forum is mainly user2user. I noticed as well that the app  is not opened, and am happy you now did so as well.

So maybe you now ask support, and then have the courtesy to post the outcome here ?   Thanks in advance !