Add Notebook to Shortcut Menu

Avi Lambert

Idea

For my use-case running a business through Evernote, I would really appreciate being able to add specific Notebooks to Shortcuts, rather than going through the top-level notebook and then going into the folder. Doing so would save time, and increase my productivity. Currently, one can only save notes to the Shortcut menu. In other words, if the notebook could be added through right-clicking that would be fantastic.  

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Avi Lambert said:

For my use-case running a business through Evernote, I would really appreciate being able to add specific Notebooks to Shortcuts, rather than going through the top-level notebook and then going into the folder. Doing so would save time, and increase my productivity. Currently, one can only save notes to the Shortcut menu. In other words, if the notebook could be added through right-clicking that would be fantastic.  

Platform?  You can do this today with Windows desktop.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Avi Lambert said:

Ah, good to hear you can do this with Windows. As a Mac user it's not available.

Drag and drop works, or right click on a notebook at the Notebook page79805202_ScreenShot2020-02-26at4_04_41PM.png.e961f83a66f6640b4e707ba7f4be0149.png

This is not currently working for me. I have about 15 Notebooks in my shortcut list on Evernote Legacy. They aren't visible up in the current version of Evernote.

10.12.5-mac-mas-public (458544)
Editor: v122.1.15818
Service: v1.33.7
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

When I right click on the notebook I get a notice to "remove from Shortcuts" (see the attached screen shot). I've removed the notebook from the shortcut list using this menu and then added it back in to no avail.

The documentation at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004637 says Evernote supports this feature, "Right-click on the note, notebook, notebook stack, or tag in the list, and select Add to Shortcuts from the pop-up menu."

-Paul

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.10.07 AM.png