Add right to left direction support

mostafa

Idea

WE NEED THIS!!

We're in 2019 already, if this is not implemented soon, then Evernote will lose a huge customer base.

Many people are going to start using the internet now 24/7 and many apps will go bankrupt because not enough people are using their services. It is not just English and LTR languages out there, there's TONS of RTL languages!

EVERNOTE WE WANNA USE YOU BUT YOU MAKE IT HARD FOR US!w

This feature is being requested frequently for a couple of years. The most promising reply so far can be found here, where EN says:

"We are currently evaluating the ability to add RTL support to our applications (RTL input at least)" (October 2011).

This is definitely more than just "thank you" but still not enough.. B)

However there is some workaround for RTL, provided that one is ready to use the web client in Chrome (see here), as follows:

1. While in Google Chrome, sign into your web account.

2. Press right-control+shift, and start typing RTL (right-to-left).

3. To get back to English-style LTR press left-control+shift.

BTW There is an add-on for Firefox - Force RTL - which presumably works with FF 3. I tried it (a year ago) with FF 7, just in case, but it didn't work..

Good luck.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Whilst it's been in demand for several years,  this feature has (currently) 51 votes as against 400+ for other features that are also outstanding. 

My post above yours mentions that Evernote are again(?) rewriting their text editor,  which may then include RTL features.  Some browsers already include the option - I'm currently using the Chrome-clone browser Brave,  which seem to work on Evernote Web too (although notes return to LTR if viewed in the Evernote apps...)

20190803_111918.jpg.36330d5656f8fabf46fea3a189927566.jpg

Why do I have to vote?!

I have been a  customer of evernote since 2011 and never voted although i was in need of this since day one. 

Why haven't i voted? Simple. First, I didn't know. Second, they can figure out exactly how many is in need of this feature: add arabic, hebrew, Persian users and Vola.. !! No brainer.

Sorry. Stop giving excuses to EN. It makes things worse!

we were able to use RTL fine until yesterday when we upgraded to the new 10.3.6 version (and today 10.3.7) and it has broken RTL support! now many of our notes have the lines jumbled and out of order.

• Like 3

All of my notes in Arabic are ruined. I have used Evernote for years and now this update which ruined the limited RTL support my iOS version of the app had has made Evernote useless to me and jumbled years of my work. I could not be more disappointed in this program and now I have to figure out how to migrate all my material to an app that actually cares about non-Western languages. 

• Like 4

Hi,

I am not using evernote 100% specially for the missing of right to left.

All the other note taking app have this geature updated, and evernote not.

Example of app : together, Notebook, Markdown Pro, Yojimbo, deJumble ....

Best Regards,

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi,

I am not using evernote 100% specially for the missing of right to left.

All the other note taking app have this geature updated, and evernote not.

Example of app : together, Notebook, Markdown Pro, Yojimbo, deJumble ....

Best Regards,

You may want to try the latest Evernote Android beta, if you have an Android device, because it looks like Evernote has included RTL support in it.

• Like 1

You may want to try the latest Evernote Android beta, if you have an Android device, because it looks like Evernote has included RTL support in it.

It is partial LTR - the text behaves well, but bullets don't.

Also when you open it from the Windows client it doesn't show it right.

In my computer if you press CTRL + Shift (the shift on the right), it will change to RTL writing. And if you press CTRL + Shift (the shift on the left), it will return to LTR writing. But I don't know what to do with the version for android.

• Like 2
On 7/4/2018 at 8:03 PM, Lucas Cardoso said:

In my computer if you press CTRL + Shift (the shift on the right), it will change to RTL writing. And if you press CTRL + Shift (the shift on the left), it will return to LTR writing. But I don't know what to do with the version for android.

On 12/24/2016 at 7:29 PM, Roy2012 said:

+ 1. I have the same need - writing right-to-left languages, on Mac, in Evernote. 

thanks a lot for briliant temperory solution

• Like 1

This is why I will continue using Google Keep!
This isn't any feature, this is essential for some languages including mine (Arabic).
Evernote not supporting this after all of the requests for a long time, and after they have already supported Arabic as an Interface language (which -by the way- have a very bad font) shows that they don't care much about their users. As a programmer, I know how easy it's to just add a simple text direction button in the text editor.

how the heck is it possible that such a crucial request of the users hasn't been answered yet (since 2012 at least)?!

it's a natural and basic need of a great amount of users and Evernote is literally shitting on it. it's unbearable how inconvenient is the use of the software for those who use mostly RTL languages.

many softwares have already adapted themselves to this need, why is Evernote lagging? 

I will try to say this politely.

This is insane! Evernote. A feature that is standard in other platforms/apps, and it has been in demand (+silent customers) since 2012. Yet, it has not been added. 

Any good reason for your loyal customers!!!!

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, hassanmb said:

This is insane! Evernote. A feature that is standard in other platforms/apps, and it has been in demand (+silent customers) since 2012. Yet, it has not been added. 

Evernote has provided an editor along with it's filing service.
I use it for basic notes, however it's missing many features I need.
I use those "other platforms/apps" when I need extended features, for example MS Word for word processing
Files of any format can be stored in Evernote as note attachments.

ADD RTL support for Evernote, please? Why don't you care about your middle eastern users?!!! What's the problem of Evernote company with RTL support?!!! I purchased Evernote Premium some years ago but when I faced the damn not supporting RTL I somehow disappointed with this company. PLEASE solve the RTL problem.
Please Care about us!!!🤨

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 11:59 AM, roniz5 said:

I simply cannot grasp how can Evernote simply not care about so many thousands of people around the globe - all Arabic, Hebrew, Persian speakers are having terrible experience and not only waste so much time every day trying to work-around the proboem, but more than that - it's a terrible feeling of helplessness and insult. You simply do not give a damn about us. 

The old editor had some very painful issues with that, and I wrote to you many times in the past few years asking to improve. 
Now that you have launched a totally new editor, I was very hopeful - but to my huge disappointment, the Right-to-Left support is now much much much worse !!

Please do try it yourself - please try to choose a Semitic language and try to write from right to left. 
The sentences are written right-to-left, but they start from left. Bullets to start each item are on the left, so I see them at the end of each sentence instead of its beginning. All punctuation marks (.,!?) jump to the start of the sentence instead of its end. And mixing English words in between Semitic words simply cause a total chaos. 

The new editor is simply impossible to work with for Semitic language speakers. 
I am still trying, since Evernote is extremely important to me, but I am very close to give up and move to a different solution. 

Best regards,
Roni

Hello,

I want to reinforce Roni's words.

I have also addressed the same issue several times.

I pay for an annual subscription and do not receive the basic service of Semitic language support.

Please add this capability soon.

Best Regards, Gaby

• Like 4

Being said that it is a shame for Evernote not to support RTL, I have found a workaround for that problem.

• Create an RTL file in another application and put multiple line breaks (hit "Enter" key multiple times) to create a large space for you to write/edit.
  • Then copy that file's content to a new note in Evernote, and name it "RTL sample note" for example.
  • Every time you need to create a new RTL file, copy that note to the required notebook and start editing it in RTL format.

Have a good time.  :) 

• Like 2

For what it is worth, I am currently a Premium User and have been either Plus or Premium for some time. The Evernote folks should know that this is STILL an issue. I will talk a little about use cases and maybe some alternatives for making support easier.

Many people learning a Semitic language (including Hebrew, Arabic, Aramaic, etc) need to write notes, vocabulary,  add glosses (short definitions) to text, or record references (like the gentlemen in this thread with Strong's concordance numbers (LTR) intersperesed with RTL text, Syriac was it?). This is also clearly going to be true of anyone doing original language Bible or Koran study. It is currently true of researchers studying ME terrorism, the Israeli-Palestinian crisis, or other similar issues. Evernote, in some ways, is a perfect tool to organize, index, and search that kind of thing. As it turns out, I do all three of these things and I am building up a good amount of mixed-language notes. Almost all of my paper notebooks on language studies, Bible Studies, and Terrorism research have moved to electronic text, either typed or hand-written with a stylus.

Evernote seems to have little problem indexing text and tags in multiple languages (other than some issues searching and matching pointed text--- but we'll talk about that another day ;-) ). Actually ENTERING the text in EverNote, at least on Android (5, 6, and 7) is a *royal* pain in the rear. Much of the time, I end up putting the tablet down in frustration, syncing over to NixNote on Linux, fixing the text, and syncing back. NixNote's RTL support is *not* perfect either, but it is MUCH more reliable than the Android app.

Here is some detail on things I try to do (cut and paste from my notebooks), numbered for reference, then I'll talk a little about ways Evernote might either improve OR *avoid* the issues.

[1] Language exercises:

----

Translate Hebrew To English:
  1. אַתָה הוּא הֳֽאֱלֹהִים וַאֲנַ֫חְנוּ עַמְךָ בְּנֵי־בְרִיתָֽךָ
    • Thou art the God and we your people, sons of your covenant.
  2. שָׁלַח מֹשֶׂה מְרַגְלִים אֶת־אֶ֫רֶץ כְּנַ֫עַן וְהָֽאֲנָשִׁים הָיוּ אַנְשֵׁי־שׁם, רְאֹשֵׁי־יִשְׂרָאֵל
    • Moses sent out spies into the land of Canaan, and the men were men-of-name, chiefs among the Israelites.

---

(You may see boxes where some of the characters don't display properly in your font: that isn't a problem in the app.) You've got alternating RTL and LTR text on different lines.

[2] Vocabulary

---

כְּנַ֫עַן - Canaan
מְרַגֵּל - spy
לֶ֫חֶם - bread

---

[3] Mixed language notes

This is closely related to the Arabic practice of mubahlaga ("مُبالَغة": the "ah" is an 'a' as in 'father' and the 'g' is an aspirated sound like in "gomorah"), which is more or less a habitual practice of excessive, almost fantastic exaggeration. There are a few reasons why this practice happens, but...

[4] Definitions

---

אניה: 'onîyâh
  1. Ship
    1. Men of ships, seamen [BDB ]
From H590

Strong's Definition: Feminine of H590; a ship: - ship ([-men]). 

יונה/Jonah 1:3 & 4

Q: Why is seamen feminine?
---

With #2 you've got mixed LTR and RTL text on the same lines, often separated by punctuation. This could be RTL terms with LTR definitions or vice-versa. With #3 and #4, you have mixed free-form text which may suddenly contain text in the reverse definition. Notice that in the definition of oniyah above I have Hebrew, English, phonetics, links, and keywords all tied together. I can type the characters very easily by switching software keyboards and, in theory, have it all neatly indexed in Evernote. I can even attach hand-writing to add Ancient Hebrew pictograms (I haven't figured out how to type those yet!) all neatly packaged.

What Goes Wrong:

When entering the text, cursor handling becomes totally bizarre. In the best of programs, it can be confusing to move the cursor in and out of the runs of bi-directional text and keep track of where you are (do you move the cursor logically such that the forward arrow takes you to the next logical letter in the sequence, or does the right arrow always move one space right and the left arrow one space left? Evernote doesn't even try. It leaves the cursor in one place and the next character typed goes wherever it feels like. If the cursor is at the end of the line, RTL text is added at the beginning; if I put the cursor at the beginning of the line, text is entered at the end! Using the arrows to move through the text (say, on a bluetooth keyboard) is an exercise in frustration. With either the software keyboard (say Hebrew Nikud Icon-Me or Multi-Ling O Keyboard) or a hardware keyboard, it often forgets where it is and just starts adding new text at the end of the line but a Backspace then deletes in the other direction! This is especially true when pointing (add in vowel marks and accents) in Hebrew or Arabic. The app sometimes loses its mind in this case and starts creating total gobbledy-*****. I have to then select the block of text, delete it, and retype. Sometimes just selecting the most recent RTL character and retyping that seems to let the app figure itself out, but that leads me to the next issue:

Selecting bidirectional text is completely nightmarish. When I sweep out a block of text with finger, mouse, arrow-keys, or stylus, it highlights a more or less arbitrary run of text with the selection handles in completely meaningless positions. I then flail at things randomly until it decides to select the right letter. Moving a handle up, down, right, or left changes the selection in some unrelated fashion. This is often where I give up and go to NixNote or type the text in something else and paste it in. The text above with יונה/Jonah in English and Hebrew was one of those spots I fiddled with for a good while in the app before giving up but it only took me a second or two in this web form, including the time to switch keyboard modes. I often have to type a reference like that in both languages so **either will hit on a search.** With text selection broken, not only is it hard to enter text, it is almost impossible to even fix the problems the app causes.

For the most part, ONCE I GET THE TEXT ENTERED, it looks fine on Android, the web app, and NixNote (given appropriate choice of fonts), so somewhere the Unicode must be handled correctly by your back end. I suspect your back end doesn't really care, which is good and the way it should work.

Other approaches:

Doing bidirectional text right is hard. (I am a retired programmer, believe me, I know!) and sometimes broken APIs underneath make it *really* hard. But, there are also some ways to cheat which might make some of these folks (like me) happ[y/ier]. I am happy with cheating if it gets the problem fixed and reduces my frustration level.

A. Be able to add equivalent search terms. If I can file somewhere that when I search for Jonah, I want to find references to יונה as well, then I don't have to write both terms as often like I did in #4. If I only need to write one term (and I don't care which, mostly), then I have less mixed text and both of us have less frustration. It's less to go wrong. This also would fix problems with searching pointed text by accident (e.g. מלך and מֶ֫לֶךְ don't currently match in your searches, one with and one without vowel-pointing. Strictly speaking, they should search equivalent, just like King and king, but if I can work around it... I really don't care.) This is also VERY important in researching ME history and events anyway as the same name, say of a historical figure, can be transliterated 8 different ways in 8 different articles.

B. Be able to either split LTR and RTR into multiple columns or C. simple tables. When I do vocabulary lists like #2 or translations like #1, it could be split into columns. In fact, when I do it on paper, I use reversed legal paper with a very wide margin on the right. I write RTL in the main body and LTR in the wide margin. With Greek, I use regular legal paper with the wide margin on the left. You could make the same thing easy to do in software and people would have to mix text less often. I have also done them as simple tables in NixNote (Don't seem to be able to in the Android app) which puts the LTR and RTR text in separate boxes: Hebrew/Arabic terms go in one column, English glosses in the other. Again, less mixed text, less problems. Either solution would have side-benefits for non-bidirectional users. Lots of folks take class notes in columns and that's why they make legal pads with those wide margins in the first place.

Really the only thing left then is #2, free-form mixed-language text suddenly switching directions. If it comes down to that and I have to type it in another app and paste it in, sure, that would still be frustrating, but MUCH less so. As it is, however, since I bang into this problem all the time, I am seriously thinking of giving OneNote a try. I'd rather leave my data where it is and just have the problem go away.

• Like 3

The web beta version of the long-awaited Evernote is not promising when it comes to this feature.

RTL option is not available in their new editor! Total disappointment. Seriously thinking of switching to an alternative service.

1 billion users cannot write in their main language across all Evernote apps.... So silly losing so many potential clients for a technology that is implemented all over the place (Google Keep pops to mind).
+1,000,000,000

• Thanks 1

RTL works fine, until I added bullets \ numbers - then everything is caos.. but its a good start after a decade of asking for RTL support.. I totally support @LL2525 about: "add 2 direction buttons (RTL & LTR) to the Customize Toolbar window.." 

I have the lateset Evernote version for windows 10

6.24.2.8919 (308919) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
14 hours ago, mehatzri said:

Please add RTL support.

notes looks so unorganized and unreadable without it.. 

i consider exporting my data to another app that support RTL 

Do the new desktop clients support RTL?

• Like 1

Hi man, 

What app and OS are you using? 

I use the Mac app (see version below) and I cannot change the text direction to be RTL

v 10.4.3 build 458395 public
Editor: v112.1.14477
Service: v1.23.6
© 2019 - 2020 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Like 1

I now have a strong conviction that evernote derives pleasure from ignoring these requests and that the more requests are made for this feature the more they get off on it like sadists. Imagine all the years that has gone by since the first request! 

Time to Leave Evernote

I badly need RTL support.

Looking at this thread I realize that Evernote has known about this problem for 5 years, but has not done anything about it.

I am not waiting any longer. This is shabby treatment by Evernote. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, lancerm said:

Evernote has known about this problem for 5 years, but has not done anything about it.

? Apart from completely rewriting their software packages for all platforms so that this sort of feature can be added once rather than 5 times in different operating systems ?  They rolled out v10 a couple of months ago and are now adding new features every couple of weeks...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 minutes ago, LL2525 said:

I'll stick to my Evernote for windows 6.25.9091

Me too - the easy answer to 95% of the current queries on the Forums (with the notable and sad exception of the iOS threads) is "use the Legacy version" or "step back to the last public version".  I'd suspect the current Support overload is pretty much the same.

• Like 1
On 12/8/2020 at 9:05 AM, iShachar said:

Hi man, 

What app and OS are you using? 

I use the Mac app (see version below) and I cannot change the text direction to be RTL

v 10.4.3 build 458395 public
Editor: v112.1.14477
Service: v1.23.6
© 2019 - 2020 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

On 11/29/2020 at 7:53 AM, Ryan Bizhanzade said:

dude thank you so much I've been having trouble figuring out how to work around this in persian and this really helped out. much love

18 hours ago, haul said:

any solution?

Guys if you could upvote this issue so it will get more recognition it would be great :)

• Like 1

I really don't understand how Evernote can do this to the thousands of users who use R-T-L languages on a regular basis. All my notes in Arabic have become uneditable, even unreadable, after the last major update. It's really sad

I use evernote for work and personal life. Sometimes i have to open evernote on Web to edit my Arabic note and rearrange the formate, it's time consuming for a note taking app that is design to be snappy and quick. Hope they implement writing from right to left properly.

• Like 1

I can't believe that for 9 years the developers of Evernote haven't gotten around to implementing RTL support. As I programmer I can tell you that not only does this literally require a few minutes of work, but honestly - I can't even imagine why it wouldn't just work by default.

This is making me regret using this product.

• Like 1
On 9/5/2018 at 12:05 AM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

You may have noticed that all threads requesting RTL (right-to-left) support have been merged into this thread, regardless of platform specificity. 

This was done in order to better enable us to quantify and qualify user requests, and amplify their voice.

While this does not mean this is a feature that will be coming, we certainly want to relay user feedback/sentiment to our various teams.

Moving forward, please put all commentary and votes for RTL (right-to-left) support here!

Well,

It seems that over 3 years have passed since Evernote expressed the desire to "quantify, qualify and amplify" the collective requests for RTL support in the app.

Since then, the meager support that did exist for RTL (the "paragraph direction" feature) has been removed in the Jan. 2021 update. Since then, Evernote has become unworkable for Arabic and Hebrew writers, among other languages.

For me, it made my Evernote notes captive, since I cannot migrate them to another program, such as OneNote. I am still looking for a solution, while copying and recreating note for note in other apps (Word and OneNote, Scrivener, etc.) 

It is disheartening, insulting and despairing, that Evernote keeps silent on this matter, while on the other hand claiming to want to quantify and qualify the need for RTL solution. 

This should not be an issue. Operating systems support multiple languages. Bidirectional text is supported across manny systems. Evernote has put this need at the bottom of its priority list from the start. The fact that this is a request sent as early as 2012, demonstrates how little Evernote executives think of their users, who happen to write from right to left.

Ironically, this disrespect is the one thing uniting Arab, Jewish Israeli and Iranian users of Evernote.

For me, I am tired of looking for RTL support with each update and to look for workarounds. When I complete transferring my last note to other platforms, I will uninstall Evernote from my devices.  

• Like 1

Hi 

this is a simple feature and this problem is solved many times in many applications by many different programmers.

The only reason that Evernote haven't fix this problem for so long is that they simply don't care about middle eastern users.

IF NOT SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING ELSE THAT MAKE SENSE.

• Level 5

Probably it is more a question of having a long backlog of missing features relevant for all users.

Which is no excuse for not adding RTL to the app, just why maybe it has not yet happened.

There are 2 more (and probably better) ways to remind EN about this:

1) Use the feedback option build into the clients
No answer, but they promised to read it all

2) Issue support tickets
Will be answered, and if support has no solution passed on to the devs

• Like 2
  • Level 5

You can achieve this by just voting.

It would help to better understand why you want it if you could explain your use case a bit more. Yes, we know there are languages that you simply write RTL. But how does not having this feature impact your specific writing challenges ?

• Like 1

I’m an Evernote user since 2011 and at least for the iPad, they supported RTL. I created hundreds of notes and then, one day they came up with their new cumbersome note editor and eliminated their RTL support. Personally, I think that’s outrageous. They destroyed many hours of work making my my notes next to unusable. I’ve been with you all before, asking to reinstate this feature but obviously, now that the Evernote community got bigger, we are no longer important to Evernote as individuals or a group. 

It is strange that we can use RTL in the iOS app but can't in Windows.

With other apps it used to be the other way around.

It us really is a serious limitation, especially since Microsoft supports it within Windows.

Any ideas when this support be added?

Itay

I am getting ready for Evrenote Devcup by addressing this issue. I have developed an application called NimbleBox. NimbleBox is an easiest and quickest way of taking notes in the window with special support for Right-to-left languages! Just press Ctrl+Shift and type your note.

Check out the website: http://nimblebox.me

Check out the Demo Video: http://nimblebox.me/...box-demo-video/

Please do add this feature - it's long overdue.

Lack of L2R is really preventing myself and countless others from fully integrating this amazing tool.

I'll have to explore using OneNote to create my notes in the meanwhile..though I'd love to use the Evernote Interface

Thank You

• Like 1

Hi there everybody,

I just updated my macs' Evernote to the latest version, and something has changed.

Usually I'm writing in Hebrew. I had an option to set the paragraph direction to RTL (sadly, no such default option), and that would have set the note format to be kind of RTL note (kind-of because not all things worked correctly and some worked partially).

Now, with the new version, it still aligns the text to the right, but the "numbering" and "bulleting" does not work well.

As always, I select the entire text in the note editor, right click the selected text and chose "Paragraph Direction" -> "Right to left", This is causing the numbers to align to the right, and text will align to the left. Horrible :(

And there's this new option (or I just haven't saw it) which makes the note "plain text" .. what is this ?

Thank you for any help.

Shauli Antar

post-241384-0-24529400-1418627430_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry this topic seemed to get forgotten in the general traffic on the forums.  As to the OP's question on 'what does plain text do?' - that would be exactly what it says on the can.  Content gets converted to plain text - no bold,  italic or large text.  Try it out on some test text to see the full effect.  As to the buggy RTL situation,  check that you're up to date with the latest version of Evernote (downloaded from Evernote.com) and of the problem still exists I suggest you submit a bug report on this.  You won't get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (hopefully) fix it in a future release...  submit a bug/ lost data report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.
  • Like 1

Hi

Evernote program is very good and has many features. but there is a problem for Right-to-Left languages. which languages are rtl ? answer: Farsi(Persian) and Arabic. in evernote we can set align to right, but there is not any ltr to rtl changer and when be this problem the dot of end of sentence go first, and some other. Please add 'rtl direction' item to toolbox. Thankfully.

• Like 2

I started working with Evernote on my Desktop (Windows).

It looks promissing, but lacks RTL support in the note Title and Editor, so not friendly to RTL languages.

Is this part of the product limitations or can I achieve this somehow?

Thanks!

Mor

• Like 3

hey

were is support???

i paid you my money

and

i waiting in 5 month ago.

so

WHY YOU DON"T ATTINATION TO OUR PROBLEM????

WHERE IS RTL DIRECTION TEXT ???

WHERE IS NEW UPDATE EITH FOCUS ON THIS BOLLSHIT PROBLEM????????

• Like 1

I started using Evernote a few months ago for dissertation research that involves using Arabic. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Arabic is supported, even on Mac, in terms of correctly displaying and connecting the letters. I have also been able to change the paragraph direction (RTL) by right clicking and selecting for it.

What is annoying, and what I'm hoping Evernote will address, is the fact that you have to go through this cumbersome right-click>paragraph direction>RTL process every time you switch languages. It would be brilliant (and other software does this) that selecting for a new language automatically puts it into the correct paragraph direction. I hope that's a feature that will come out soon? It will make for a much smoother user experience! 

• Like 1

I am using the desktop application (premium account) on a mac. When working within a note, I right-click, select "Paragraph direction," and then select "right to left." 

I also just tried it on the web-based version. There, when you right-click, you can select "writing direction"and then "right to left."

Hope this helps!

On 10/4/2012 at 1:49 PM, helix said:

However there is some workaround for RTL, provided that one is ready to use the web client in Chrome (see here), as follows:

1. While in Google Chrome, sign into your web account.

2. Press right-control+shift, and start typing RTL (right-to-left).

3. To get back to English-style LTR press left-control+shift.

Thanks @helix this works fine for me but I think it would be great if Evernote will make their Windows App RTL supportive.

• Like 1

it's seems right to left does exist- but there are many problems related to aligning, numbering, bullets and text direction. i think you should let some right-to-left language users test the system and show you the bugs. if you need examples, screenshots etc.- i would be glad to assist.

thanks!

So what's the story with rtl support?

coming or not?

I use Evernote In OS X, Windows and iOS, webapp couple of times in linux. 

Still no real rtl support yet on those devices. This is really frustrating for me as paying customer, 'coz I need that.

If it's not coming, I have to look up for alternatives and take my money to there.