Can Ideapad handle Evernote with a lot of notes?

I'm on the market for a new computer. My two biggest applications are Quicken and Evernote. I have about 10,000 notes. I am often clipping notes and cleaning them up. Other than that, I use my computer for E-mail, Internet, Word, Powerpoint, a little Excel, a little statistical software, and that's about it. But I use it A LOT. My computer is my key productivity tool.

I currently have a Thinkpad Yoga and my last two work computers have been Thinkpad (current one is T480S).

Given my usage of Evernote, should I buy the lower pricing Ideapad that is more for home use, or stick with a Thinkpad. I already get upset when Evernote releases a version that does't perform, so I'd hate if the computer couldn't handle it. Would like perspective of others who have used Evernote on an Ideapad.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, notetakeingguy said:

I'm on the market for a new computer. My two biggest applications are Quicken and Evernote. I have about 10,000 notes. I am often clipping notes and cleaning them up. Other than that, I use my computer for E-mail, Internet, Word, Powerpoint, a little Excel, a little statistical software, and that's about it. But I use it A LOT. My computer is my key productivity tool.

I currently have a Thinkpad Yoga and my last two work computers have been Thinkpad (current one is T480S).

Given my usage of Evernote, should I buy the lower pricing Ideapad that is more for home use, or stick with a Thinkpad. I already get upset when Evernote releases a version that does't perform, so I'd hate if the computer couldn't handle it. Would like perspective of others who have used Evernote on an Ideapad.

My recommendation would be that whatever you get have at least 8 GB of memory and a solid state disk on the machine and disable all the Microsoft stuff like search indexing which consume resources all the time for not a lot of gain, IMO.  I'm currently using a Lenovo x230 which is 7 years old.  It runs like a scalded dog with pretty much the same use profile as you have detailed.  Typically instantaneous response time on EN with 46,000 notes.

Relative to the search indexing, my wife's laptop is a bit newer than mine but without an SSD.  It was running slow in general.  I turned off search indexing and now it runs fast.  FWIW.

Go to Services and then right click on Windows Search.

ScreenClip.png.2a60eb60edde537e6076a72b27cf3537.png

Then stop the process and select Disabled for Startup type.

ScreenClip.png.9551125e8a940fd7daa8c1538044c8f2.png