• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, metasyn@aol.com said:

In the image above on the left side, 2/3 of the way don the list, in front of "Sedona and Area". Thanks

Default Notebook, or Offline Notebook

• Level 5*

[Mod: split Windows-specific discussion from original Wed-specific discussion]

21 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Default.  Offline notebooks don't have an icon that I'm aware of...

Note: Offline notebooks only exist in mobile. ITYM "local" (i.e., never synced) notebooks?

• Like 1

It's not actually a flower, although it's certainly not a cleanly designed icon.  It's a picture of a desktop in-box (complete with the finger notch used to dig out papers when the in-box is full to the brim), and an arrow pointing down into it, confusingly and pointlessly surrounded by a rectangle with three rounded corners and one non-rounded one.

But what it's trying to convey is:  "In the absence of any other instruction from you, this notebook is where I'm putting stuff."  So, yes, it's the marker of the default notebook.

Inbox-EN.png

• Like 2
  • Level 5

I agree with your exegesis, Robert. I never looked at the thing that closely before, just thought of it as "that incomprehensible shape that marks my default notebook." The fact that somebody asks what it is here once a month or so is an indicator of its failure to communicate.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 2/29/2020 at 5:46 PM, RobertJSawyer said:

It's not actually a flower, although it's certainly not a cleanly designed icon.

It's definitely more obvious that it is an inbox with arrow when blown up as you have above.