Default to All Notes when opening Evernote

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, helicopterhenry said:

At the moment Evernote selects "First Notebook" upon opening. I would like it to show "All Notes" instead. Is this possible please?

Set EN at All Notes and then do a File - Exit.  This will set the default view for when you open EN.  Don't hit the X, use File - Exit.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, CalS said:

Set EN at All Notes and then do a File - Exit.  This will set the default view for when you open EN.  Don't hit the X, use File - Exit.

Thanks for the reply.

This didn't work for me. I meant to say "All Notebooks" not All Notes. Does that make a difference? I have 176 notes in All Notebooks but only 101 in First Notebook since I only started categorising them recently.

Using 6.23.2.8859 (308859) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

• Level 5*

What do you mean by all notebooks?  EN displays notes by Notebook, Stack, All Notes, or search results. All notebooks means the same as All Notes in this regard relative to what is in the note list.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CalS said:

What do you mean by all notebooks?  EN displays notes by Notebook, Stack, All Notes, or search results. All notebooks means the same as All Notes in this regard relative to what is in the note list.  

Yes. You select All Notebooks in EN then it displays as All Notes, hence the confusion on my end.

By default it opens "First Notebook" but I want it to show All Notes.

See image.

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, helicopterhenry said:

Yes. You select All Notebooks in EN then it displays as All Notes, hence the confusion on my end.

By default it opens "First Notebook" but I want it to show All Notes.

See image.

Okay.  Again, click on All Notes which will make all notes your context.  Then click on File - Exit.  When you open EN again you should be in All Notes context.

Image.png.05b18447148bc77ad3e78b398c6d1c98.png

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, CalS said:

Okay.  Again, click on All Notes which will make all notes your context.  Then click on File - Exit.  When you open EN again you should be in All Notes context.

Image.png.05b18447148bc77ad3e78b398c6d1c98.png

Thanks for the reply. But, again, it doesn't work for me. I select All Notes and it just goes back to "First Notebook" automatically upon reopening.

Got it!

I had been selecting All Notebooks in the drop down menu then following your guide. I tried clicking the small icon on the far left hand side which is "click to show all notes" then did File > Exit and checked EN was totally closed. Then launched from the desktop icon (previously I had been launching from the taskbar).

So not sure what it was that made it work exactly but it is exactly how I wanted it now! Thank you!

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, helicopterhenry said:

Got it!

I had been selecting All Notebooks in the drop down menu then following your guide. I tried clicking the small icon on the far left hand side which is "click to show all notes" then did File > Exit and checked EN was totally closed. Then launched from the desktop icon (previously I had been launching from the taskbar).

So not sure what it was that made it work exactly but it is exactly how I wanted it now! Thank you!

You are welcome.