EN STILL UNABLE TO LOAD CORRECT ORDER OF FILES

Can you add some detail to this

I'm using a Mac with an import folder; not clear about the file "load" issue

No matter whether I am using Android or iPad air 1st Gen (to be specific), 

I am AMAZED, STILL by the fact, 

When I send MULTIPLE Files, Images, SShots, what have you - to EN... They are 

NEVER IN ORDER That I Intend... EVER. 

AND

It's whether it's 3  Files, SShots, Images, etc. Or 6 or 20. 

Got me ?  🙈🌴🙊🌴🙉 

• Level 5*

Confirmed - tested on an iPad with three image files; file sequence was not preserved

The files were selected in the Files app, and sent usin the share menu

• Thanks 1

Okay... SOOOO... I Do not feel So 😵 ... But Why wouldn't this be a Feature We ALL Need to Work VERY WELL ?

ANY PULL IN THE

SUPPORT DEPARTMENT

Seems like Not so Long ago I was "Complaining"  About Notebooks being Throttled Down. And that got changed. Thank the "GODS". 

How do I explain to my 80 year old mother, who Now luvs EN - why her Recipe Steps are all Messed Up ?

Thanks muchly Again

• Level 5

???

I do not know any upload service where the sequence of picking files in the source medium would be preserved in the receiving medium.

If I pick files on my computer and upload - say - to a folder in Dropbox, upload will happen in a non-sequential way. The sequence of the files in the Dropbox will be presented by the settings I choose there, not by how I sequence anything on my computer. It’s just often the same, because sorting by name or date will produce the same result on both platforms.

A EN note is not a folder, it is a piece of HTML code waiting to get some content. When pics are imported into it, they will show up in an order that does not depend on how they were picked in another place. I think that the mixed up sequence results from the upload queue and the server queue on the EN side. Any file will be cut into code packets for an internet transfer, and reconstructed from these at the receiving device, like beaming them up in Star Trek. There is plenty of space for things to get mixed up under way. If the last package received is from the first picture, it will appear last.

If I need a certain sequence of say photos in a note, I open both programs side by side, open a note, put a number of line feeds into it to create some space and draw & drop the picture into the note how I want to see them. I found this to be easier than to rearrange the pictures later in EN. The pictures are embedded into the text flow now (even when there is no text), and position is preserved.

If the pictures are of different sizes, or I want them smaller in EN, I create a table  first, and import the pictures one by one into the table fields.

For recipes I found it useful to have a table with 2 columns, one with the pics and the second with the work flow describing what to do. You can even create some layout by using the tables design settings. If you do it more often, create a note with this design, and save a copy of it as a template.

If you use it in the US, you can even put all the security warning stuff into the template, to avoid getting sued if the oven was hot, the freezer cold or the knifes sharp 😉

• Thanks 1

WoW, 

When broken down like this, It seems silly for asking such a question.

Let's ask this scenario given my Devices.

I use Android, iPad air, (+ Windows laptop rarely). 

Yesterday I SShot many images of Slides (in iPad) Needed  in Order for an Important Course.  Otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

I seem to need Sequencing of Photos, SShots, etc. quite A Lot.  My iPad is Older, & almost out of space. 

SO,  I am Screenshotting on iPad and choose  from "Photos" to send to EN. May be a simple minded question, but How do I - See Sequence in Photos while Choosing in Photos and dragging & Dropping in ENote  I suppose having these pre made "tables" you spoke of I'd where this would work

About the 🔪 thing, My nephew attending College in London tried to buy kitchen knife (dual citizen) and was denied  😳 

Thank you so much for all of your time and Explanation.  Happy VTD 🌹

• Level 5

Yes, if your iPad is on iOS 12 (at least) you can open the camera roll and the EN app side by side, and drag & drop it from the photos to the EN note. On the iPad to create tables you need to use a shortcut, and it must be enabled in the app settings, notes, extended settings, and then the last point. It describes as well the syntax of how to create a table.So precreate the note with the table, with enough space for the number of pictures, then go side by side in split view, and start to drag & drop into the table.

Editing tables is not possible on the iPad, you need to use a desktop client for that (or the web client).

Or you could upload one picture after another by sharing, which will create one note after another. Then you use the windows client, pick all notes and join them into one. If I remember correctly, the joined note will contain the pictures in order of the note creation. So create the notes with the last picture first, and with the first picture last, to have them in the right sequence later. Maybe give it a try with a few pics whether it works - it is not a process I use.

Sorry for that, no easier way as least up to my knowledge.

BTW: These guys in London would get a heart attack if the see our largest kitchen knife: 30cm of sharp steel, plus handle, used to work on large veggies like whole pumpkins. You could use it as well to weed out your garden ...

• Haha 1

Wow, 

When broken down like this, It seems silly for asking such a question.

Let's ask this scenario given my Devices.

I use Android, iPad air, (+ Windows laptop rarely). 

Yesterday I SShot many images of Slides (in iPad) Needed  in Order for an Important Course.  Otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

I seem to need Sequencing of Photos, SShots, etc. quite A Lot.  My iPad is Older, & almost out of space. 

SO,  I am Screenshotting on iPad and choose  from "Photos" to send to EN. May be a simple minded question, but How do I - See Sequence in Photos while Choosing in Photos and dragging & Dropping in ENote  I suppose having these pre made "tables" you spoke of I'd where this would work

About the 🔪 thing, My nephew attending College in London tried to buy kitchen knife (dual citizen) and was denied  😳 

Thank you so much for all of your time and Explanation.  Happy VTD 🌹

• Thanks 1