• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, fred2112 said:

So after exporting all 15000 (22gb) of notes to local notebooks only to find it's not what I expected, how do I get them back?

I think this is a question best put to Evernote Support.  See the link below in my signature.

38 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Can you explain your "export" process

sure.

I exported all individual notebooks in html and enex. then created offline notebooks for each and them moved all notes into the corresponding offline notebooks. so basically no online notes left.

TBH EN support have been no use during this whole process. Simply they could have just let me create a new account and make it plus then I could have made my current premium account basic at the end of the month (annual renewal time). Instead they just kept telling me plus was no longer available.  After 9 yearrs I think I'm done. Windows desktop spend most of it's time waiting...has done for the last 3 or 4 years and I've never uploaded more than 1GB in a month anyway.  Recently I've been just running web and android but there were things I couldnt do without desktop.  So  I thought I'd get a new clean install and start again with mountable local notes only to find they are not mountable and will still impact the desktop useability. 

I'm toying with the idea of doing this  myself with a descktop database then at least it will be within my control.   I dont see a future for EN any more they are just too slow to adapt/fix/innovate.   Just can't believe I put up with it for so long.

Hmmm sorry for the gripe....wasn't intending that.....I guess I'm just a bit dpressed about it all 😞

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, fred2112 said:

then created offline notebooks for each and them moved all notes into the corresponding offline notebooks

Evernote/Windows has no support for "offline" notebooks   
Are all your notes stored in "local" notebooks?

For notes stored in Evernote, no export/import is required - just move the notes to sync'd notebooks   

• Like 1
  • Level 5

EN is basically a cloud-based Service. Local Notebooks are there as an exception, maybe for some privacy stuff, but not to run a high performance show on them. DTLow just explained how to get them back into the loop, but this will probably not solve your underlying issue.

If you were on a Mac, I would propose Devon Think to you. It is made to run on a local database, with full search, AI functions and all. But as I say, it is Mac-only, with mobile clients (then using cloud services for the sync, but still not storing stuff in the cloud).

Just now, DTLow said:

If local notebooks, no import is required - just move the notes to sync'd notebooks

my bad yes local. This will help if I can do that ass most (not all) my notes are currently in the local notebooks. I'll try that now thnks

16 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

EN is basically a cloud-based Service. Local Notebooks are there as an exception, maybe for some privacy stuff, but not to run a high performance show on them. DTLow just explained how to get them back into the loop, but this will probably not solve your underlying issue.

If you were on a Mac, I would propose Devon Think to you. It is made to run on a local database, with full search, AI functions and all. But as I say, it is Mac-only, with mobile clients (then using cloud services for the sync, but still not storing stuff in the cloud).

Thanks, you're right it wont solve the issue but it will allow me to keep notes (9 years of paying premium) in a searchable basic account. 

17 minutes ago, DTLow said:

If local notebooks, no import is required - just move the notes to sync'd notebooks   

yep that worked - thanks. Personal crisis avoided lol!