Beta “Approval” Process?

Hello,

My sincere apologies if this isn’t best place to post this but it was the best I could find. I’ve been a “Premium” Evernote user for some time and I’m trying to use it to go completely paperless for all of our family. We use multiple OS platforms but primarily more year iOS on iPhone and iPad Pro as our primary devices. Unfortunately, the current Evernote apps on iOS have been difficult to use, to say the least, especially as someone who uses a lot of tags. It’s been so difficult, I’ve dabbled in Apple Notes and seriously have looked for any alternative that might work better.

I read through the  recent posts by Evernote CEO detailing where things stand with Evernote and the new mobile and thus has given me some hope that things might get better. Truly, much of my work to move everything to paperless and Evernote has stalled the last year as I realized how difficult Evernote was to use on iOS. But no service can compete with all that Evernote can do leaving me stuck.

When I found out about the beta program from that article, I signed up immediately, hoping to be able to participate, having beta tested software quite a bit in the past. However, after a couple of weeks now, I’ve still heard nothing about participating in the program leaving me as deflated as I was before. Can anyone please tell me how long it takes to be “approved” or when I might expect to hear more? I’m really wanting to contribute in ways that I’m able to and since we use iOS so much, I’d love to try the new app. 

Any info would really help. Thanks so much in advance. :)

My own experience: signed up for the beta when it was first offered, heard nothing for months. So a bit ago, signed up again. Soon after, I got a confirmation that they accepted me, and they would contact me when they had something to test. That was several weeks ago, and I don't know if I was accepted because of the second sign up or if it was just a coincidence. At any rate, from this forum and the forum at reddit, it appears that the betas have had a very limited roll out so it is probably a bit early to get too excited..

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish they could share more about this. EN is getting harder and harder to use now with the awful tagging management in iOS, lack of ability to merge notes, etc. It’s pretty miserable. I wish I could find a viable alternative. I know that’s probably sacrilegious to say here, but it’s true. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Somehow I don’t understand the logic that things get harder to use every day - because nothing has changed.

The iOS version is still the pretty reduced mobile app without a local database (or nearly without, one can download notebooks for offline use). And es, this sucks compared to one of the desktop clients.

The only thing that has changed with iOS 13 is that it is easier now to access the web client from an iPad than before, because one can deliberately choose to open the web client from a „desktop“ browser.

I hope as probably everybody does that the new stuff is rolled out soon.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

Somehow I don’t understand the logic that things get harder to use every day - because nothing has changed.

The iOS version is still the pretty reduced mobile app without a local database (or nearly without, one can download notebooks for offline use). And es, this sucks compared to one of the desktop clients.

The only thing that has changed with iOS 13 is that it is easier now to access the web client from an iPad than before, because one can deliberately choose to open the web client from a „desktop“ browser.

I hope as probably everybody does that the new stuff is rolled out soon.

I expected someone to say this. I suppose in one sense, it’s not any worse now than it has been (see below for a recent change). But, to be honest, it’s been so awful to use now for so long that I’m worn down from it and I have little patience left for this subpar experience. For tags to have been something that EN really made popular to a large degree, the fact that it’s still so hard to use in iOS is baffling. And that it’s not improved sooner. Yes, I know I can use the web experience on iPad but that isn’t where things are sent when shared between apps which is often how I get attachments or other files into EN. Having to manually scroll through and choose from the hundreds of tags that I use (with no search) is painstaking and time consuming and frustrating, especially when moving multiple files in one after another. What makes it crazier is that the share function from my email app is far ahead of EN’s. I can share to EN from Spark, can search through all the tags quite easily and add several at once in a fraction of the time that the EN share tool does. So, it CAN be done. And it’s been able to do this for more than a year. 

In addition, EN has recently (last several months) stopped supporting being able to drag the files from EN over to another app, which is previously did just fine. I used this all the time and not having it has been a real hardship on my workflow. I’ve even gotten pop up messages saying that the app has blocked the sharing of files into other apps. This now means that I have to export in a different way to yet another app which will let me move things around how I need to. 

I know the world is turned upside down now and nothing is like it used to be and everything is disrupted. But this also means more people are at home doing projects than they used to be add this includes things like using EN to switch over to paperless. I need a service that will search/index all my PDF’s and (again, baffling) EN is still one of the only services that can handle this. Otherwise, I would have switched earlier. But even some basic time frame of when to expect some of these improvements would help. Not just “soon”. Because I actually start to think they might mean soon and get a little excited. Then 6 months later, still no word. I’d rather know it was going to be a year or more before we’d see anything than constantly be hoping for that mythical unicorn to appear.

Sorry for the rant. It’s been a long time waiting and not being able to move forward with multiple projects hoping for the ability to do more in iOS since it’s my only platform now. I wish I could just find an alternative but I can’t seem to. So, I’m stuck, still waiting. Having so much uncertainly happening in other areas of life just highlights other areas where we’ve been waiting/wondering and tends to make it worse. I’m sure the team is doing all they can to get things to us as quickly as possible, I know all that and I appreciate it. I’m just worn out and frustrated and wishing I could move ahead with long planned projects. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
22 hours ago, Raeve said:

I wish I could find a viable alternative. I know that’s probably sacrilegious to say here, but it’s true. 

You gotta do what you gotta do.  I hope it gets better for you.