How can the default font size for all notes be set?  I enter info into a note on my iPhone 11 or PC/Win10/Chrome and can read it but once it's saved, it changes to a font so small I can't see it.  I'd like to set all new notes and note entries, either on a PC / Chrome or iPhone to Arial 20 or 24 point.  Where and how can this be done? 

• Level 5
16 hours ago, jefito said:

On Windows: Tools / Options / Note / Note Font

BUT that doesn't necessarily guarantee an identical appearance on all platforms! I think that's one of the issues that are on the front burner for Evernote as they try to unify (as much as possible) the editor across platforms and devices. BTW, @Ron94188, it sounds like you may be using Evernote in the Web client rather than the Windows desktop program? If so, the forum for that is: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/235-web-client/.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Ron94188 said:

How can the default font size for all notes be set?  I enter info into a note on my iPhone 11 or PC/Win10/Chrome and can read it but once it's saved, it changes to a font so small I can't see it.  I'd like to set all new notes and note entries, either on a PC / Chrome or iPhone to Arial 20 or 24 point.  Where and how can this be done? 

Ran a little test.

1. I created a note on the iPhone with three lines, large, medium and small font.
  2. Synced.
  3. Viewed the notes on my PC and all the lines were my default font, 10.
  4. Went back and edited the font size of the lines on the iPhone to large, medium, and small font.
  5. Synced.
  6. This time it stuck.  The font sizes on the PC are 18, 14 and 10.
  7. Don't know if my default font on the PC was larger if all the fonts would ratchet up or not.

Poor performance any way you look at it, having to do it twice is of particular interest.  But it has been this way forever and maybe this new cross platform editor push (which cuts back on user controlled font sizing) will normalize things.  Who knows, maybe less control of sizing will be worth it if one can get a proportionally accurate view across platforms.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

BUT that doesn't necessarily guarantee an identical appearance on all platforms!

Never said it did, and as far as I know, that setting is retained only for the Windows client, and not shared to other clients, so there's no definitive answer. Aside from that, cross platform font stuff isn't always easily resolvable. Beyond that< i don't have an iOS device to test on; things seem to work OK between my Windows and Android devices, the latter of which has a global note body scaling setting. It would be nice if it worked better, but it doesn't, so there's no guarantee I could make.

ANSWER

First - Thanks folks for your help.

I found it:  I needed to be on the downloaded (native) application on my PC and not the web version or smart phone.  

Upper left buttons: Format > Font > set the Font, Font Style, Color and Size.   Click OK.   Did a Sync  (F9 or Sync button in upper left) a few time as I edited changes.  Interesting how the font sizes available on the application, web and phone are not all the same.  18 works well for my aging eyes on the phone.  Maybe  another would be fine but I have iPhone Plus and iPad (iOS) so no worries.  I share a license with my wife so I never forget to pick up milk...  

The first year I used the product I didn't know it was a downloaded application and only used the web version.   Big difference.  Editing on a full size screen with the application is easier.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
11 hours ago, Ron94188 said:

Upper left buttons: Format > Font > set the Font, Font Style, Color and Size.

Glad this is working for you! Be aware that this will affect only the note currently being edited. To set a default font and size you need to do as @jefito indicated earlier: Tools menu, then Options > Note > Note Font.

• Like 1