Importing from Apple Notes

• Level 5*
On 2/1/2020 at 7:55 PM, Halcyon said:
I have searched and could not find an answer anywhere. How do I import notes into Evernote from Apple Notes, keeping attachments, links, and creation dates?

First, you need to check Apple Notes to find out which export features it supports   

afaik  The only way to accomplish this is with Applescript, and there's a known issue with attachments

• Level 5

There is a program in the Macs AppStore called Exporter (only this, not one of the many exporters with a names addition). It is for free, so you can give it a try anyhow.

It exports Apple Notes to a markdown format and stores it in plain text. The notes are grouped in folders based on the notebooks they were in. Image attachments, tables and URL-Links are claimed to be exported correctly - this was just added with the latest release.

The version 2.1.1 was released a few days ago.

How you can import from the folders into EN is another question, but it should solve the export side of the venture. And markdown sounds good, because it is close to HTML.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 6:31 PM, DTLow said:

First, you need to check Apple Notes to find out which export features it supports   

afaik  The only way to accomplish this is with Applescript, and there's a known issue with attachments

I have this issue too. Apple only offers export to pdf from the app menu