Evernote for Windows 6.23GA

Iriska

Idea

• Ex Employees

Today we released Windows 6.23 GA. It's available here!

What’s in 6.23 GA?

Fixed:

• Issue with logging in using Google sign-in
  • Issue with access to Google Drive/Contacts in the app
  • Items in “Shared with Me” disappeared when searching for an invalid keyword
  • Restarts after crashes required the user to first “End Task” via Task Manager
  • Issue with “Send a Copy” if email address contained a capital letter
  • Like 2

20 replies to this idea

Not sure if this is the right place to bring this up, but I think this is a bug.  It's been there for as long as I can remember.
If it's been brought up elsewhere, I can't find it in this forum.

So I'm working in a note.  I maybe change the title, set some tags, update the dates.  I do this a lot with notes that come in from FileThis.  Bills and stuff like that.
I then use the shortcut to Move it to another Notebook (Shift+Alt+M).  I move it. And the focus changes to the next note in the list.  I never stay in the note that I started in.  That doesn't seem like normal behavior to me.

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, righteousdork said:

Not sure if this is the right place to bring this up, but I think this is a bug.  It's been there for as long as I can remember.

So I'm working in a note.  I maybe change the title, set some tags, update the dates.  I do this a lot with notes that come in from FileThis.  Bills and stuff like that.
I then use the shortcut to Move it to another Notebook (Shift+Alt+M).  I move it. And the focus changes to the next note in the list.  I never stay in the note that I started in.  That doesn't seem like normal behavior to me.

This can happen if you modify a note in a search result such that it doesn't satisfy the search.  If your search is for notebook x and you move the note to notebook y then it will disappear from focus.  Go to Tools - Options - Search and see if Search when note is updated is checked.  If it is, uncheck it and the behavior will change to what you want.

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, righteousdork said:

This happens in any view.  Even if I'm just looking at All Notes.  I change a Notebook for a note, it's like the view refreshes, and I'm instantly pushed to the next note.  I'll see if I can do a screencast or something.

Okay.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, righteousdork said:

Is it possible your view changes from all notes to a notebook view without your realizing it?  See the following unresolved bug report to understand what I mean:

It doesn't matter what view I'm in.  I stay in All Notes if that's where I'm at.  It only happens with the "Move Note" keyboard shortcut though.  If I click in the note and choose another Notebook or go to the Note info and change it, I don't move away from the note.  It seems to only affect the keyboard shortcut.

Can someone else please try it to see if you get the same results?

1. Find a list of notes
  2. Select a note and hit Shift+Alt+M.
  3. Select another notebook and hit enter.
  4. Does the note selected change to the next note in the list?

It would be nice to know if it's just me or not.

• Level 5*

Not sure it's a 'bug' as such.  Shift-Alt-M is the shortcut to 'Move' (from one notebook to another).  If the note list you selected is in a specific notebook and you Move a note elsewhere,  you stay in that notebook and the display updates to show you what notes are left there,  presumably in case you want to move others elsewhere.  That's the behaviour I'd expect in a 'Inbox' situation where I'm dealing with incoming clips and mail and assigning locations and priorities.

Now I agree that if you're in the All Notes list and you move the note,  it also disappears from All Notes,  to wind up in the notebook you chose...  which should mean it would still appear in All Notes anyway - which it does if you re-hit 'All Notes' or F6 to refresh the display.

Anyone want to suggest what should be the correct reaction here?

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Now I agree that if you're in the All Notes list and you move the note,  it also disappears from All Notes,  to wind up in the notebook you chose...  which should mean it would still appear in All Notes anyway - which it does if you re-hit 'All Notes' or F6 to refresh the display.

Hitting All Notes or F6 doesn't take you back to the last note you were working on, which it's not hidden, just moved away from unnecessarily in the note list, that would be the bug I think.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you are looking for thoughts, if you are in All Notes and you can get Shift+Alt+M to work I would think focus should stay on the note.  Context for the note hasn't changed.

The note moving to a notebook isn't the issue.  If you're in one notebook and move it to another, I totally expect the focus to change.

But when you're in All Notes and move it to another notebook, I would expect the focus to stay on the note.  It doesn't.  You are immediately sent to the next note.
That seems like a bug to me.  Because if I change the notebook any other way, the focus doesn't change.

It's only an issue because I try really hard to do everything with the keyboard in Evernote for Windows.  This is the one place where it bites me.

• Level 5*

Found my Shift+Alt+M issue, I had assigned it as a PhraseExpress hotkey, oops.  And yes, in all notes the context transfers to the next note.  I agree with @righteousdork it probably shouldn't.  Though you can hit the up arrow to get back to the original note as a workaround.

I had just discovered that keyboard shortcut for inserting checkbox into the note, Ctrl + Shift + C, does not work. I can still insert a checkbox by clicking the icon on the format toolbar, but not when using keyboard shortcut. I thought that it might be a conflict with some other program, so I shutdown most of them and tried again. No go. Tell me if I am wrong, but when Evernote is active, it should take precedence over other programs in terms of keyboard shortcuts, right? I know it's not a PhraseExpress since I use phrases as shortcuts.  Not a big deal to me personally as I can still click an icon, and I do not use checkboxes that often, just thought I mentioned it.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, keisoko said:

I had just discovered that keyboard shortcut for inserting checkbox into the note, Ctrl + Shift + C, does not work.

Hmmm, I see this working in 6.23.2.8859 (308859) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954. Ctrl+Shift+C is fine, also the Markdownish: []<space> sequence, for that matter (if you have the option in Tools / Options / Note set)..

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, keisoko said:

I thought that it might be a conflict with some other program, so I shutdown most of them and tried again. No go.

I've had shortcuts go haywire from time to time, some conflict some place.  Though never the check box.  My fix has been to reboot, which has fixed it every time.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:08 PM, CalS said:

I've had shortcuts go haywire from time to time, some conflict some place.  Though never the check box.  My fix has been to reboot, which has fixed it every time.

Problem solved. There was a conflict with the AMD Radeon video driver software that comes per-installed with the video driver. After reassigning the couple of keys in the software, I also discovered the conflict with the key that control code block, everything is back to normal as far as Evernote is concerned.  I might discover that I created the conflict somewhere else. Oh, well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

I'm seeing something that looks like a bug. Version is 6.23.2.8859 (308859) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

1. Clear the note history
  2. Open the tag list in the left panel.
  3. Click on a tag, say 'MyTag'
  4. Open the note history list by long-pressing on the '<' caret in the toolbar. You should see two entries, both named 'Mytag'
  5. Click on the topmost entry in the note history list (should be the previous note history entry). Nothing happens.
  6. Click on the left caret (<) in the toolbar, nothing happens
  7. Type Alt+LeftArrow, nothing happens.
  8. Open the note history list again, and click on the bottommost of the two entries. Now you go back to the previous note/context.

Every time you click on a tag in the tag list, two new not ehistories are added, the second one (i.e., the more recent) is non-functional.