Sans-serif font not being applied to selection

ehrt74

Hello!

This is an odd bug I just found (at least, I think it's a bug).

I saved a page to Evernote using the web clipper (the page: https://medium.com/@rosaniline/setup-chained-jenkins-declarative-pipeline-projects-with-triggers-d3d04f1daf75) and the option "Article simplifié'

Then I went to Evernote to check the styling of the note. 

In the Evernote note:

The section headings (for example Pipeline Build Step) were correctly imported as 'Titre moyen' (medium title?) with font set to "Mélangée" (mixed). I then selected the text and tried to change the font to 'sans serif'. Strangely this did not work -- the change was not adopted and the font stayed as "Mélangée". I first had to select the font 'serif' (which was successfully applied) and then select 'sans-serif'.

If anybody has the time, could they confirm this?

• Level 5*

It's risky editing a captured web page   
You might want to convert the selection to plain text (remove html tags) first

The underlying html code can get quite convoluted

The screenshot is the content.enml file retrieved from my Mac1133046163_ScreenShot2020-01-29at10_04_50PM.png.2f032f0756ee193943c04d35dc9343f9.png

• Level 5
10 hours ago, DTLow said:

It's risky editing a captured web page

Actually, I've had some quite good experiences using the Web beta editor (in stark contrast to the Windows desktop program!) to modify formatting of material from the Web. See my post here:

11 hours ago, ehrt74 said:

The section headings (for example Pipeline Build Step) were correctly imported as 'Titre moyen' (medium title?) with font set to "Mélangée" (mixed). I then selected the text and tried to change the font to 'sans serif'. Strangely this did not work -- the change was not adopted and the font stayed as "Mélangée". I first had to select the font 'serif' (which was successfully applied) and then select 'sans-serif'.

I just tested this, with the page to which you gave the link. I also found the "Medium header" styling for the section headings. But I did not see any "Mixed" font areas; it was all already Sans Serif (both headers and normal text). That's not much help for you, I realize. The only thing I can think of is that it may depend on the browser in which the Web page was clipped, or in which the Evernote Web editor is used. I'm using Opera.

• Thanks 1