Some feature suggestions from a relatively new Evernote user

Narnk

Idea

I request the Evernote team to please look into the feasibility of implementing these features.

• Link previews and embedding YouTube/online videos. Currently, pasting web links and YouTube video links into Evernote doesn’t offer any kind of visual identifiers to quickly find what we want. OneNote app (at least the Windows version) already offers an option for embedding online videos.
  • Not sure what magic Notion is doing but they are doing a great job at clipping articles on the web. When I share an article on my mobile browser or a desktop browser to Notion, the app removes all the ads, identifies the beginning and the end of the article correctly, removes complicated formatting etc. and presents the article in a neatly formatted manner. In fact, sharing the article to the Notion app first and then copying it to Evernote is more efficient than clipping the article to Evernote directly and formatting it. Saving online articles is such a core function to a service like Evernote that I hope you look into what Notion is doing and replicate some of that magic.
  • Twitter has become so huge and important that there are many instances where users would like to save a single tweet or a thread. Currently, taking screenshots is the only efficient way to store tweets and tweet threads. Please see if you can make improvements in this area. As of now, no note-taking app is doing a good job when it comes to savings tweets. Maybe it’s an opportunity for Evernote to differentiate itself by incorporating some of the Threadreaderapp (https://threadreaderapp.com) functionality, even if only as a premium feature.

Note: I moved some of the Windows-specific requests that I posted earlier to the respective section.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Best practices for feature suggestions is to post individual requests in individual forum posts, and to post device/platform specific requests in the specific forum for the device/platform (e.g. https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/224-evernote-for-windows-requests/). This helps to keep discussion about individual requests more focused and easier to follow.

15 minutes ago, Narnk said:

Make Evernote appear as a target in the Windows 10 share sheet. It will make it incredibly easy to add documents and images without first opening the Evernote app. As you can see OneNote is already doing this (see attached image). Implementing this option will also make it consistent with how sharing works on mobile apps

Windows-specific.

15 minutes ago, Narnk said:

Dark Mode. I know many others have already requested it and you will probably implement it someday.

If Windows-specific, yes, it has already been requested, and the relevant topic is here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/117663-why-no-dark-mode-for-windows/

16 minutes ago, Narnk said:

Not sure what magic Notion is doing but they are doing a great job at clipping articles on the web. When I share an article on my mobile browser to Notion, the app removes all the ads, identifies the beginning and the end of the article correctly, removes complicated formatting etc. and presents the article in a neatly formatted manner. In fact, sharing the article to the Notion app first and then copying it to Evernote is more efficient than clipping the article to Evernote directly and formatting it. Saving online articles is such a core function to a service like Evernote that I hope you look into what Notion is doing and replicate some of that magic.

Web clipper specific.

17 minutes ago, Narnk said:

Lastly, a frame-less design for your Windows app will make it look modern and beautiful.  

Windows-specific.