Evernote keeps reinstalling itself

Hi. Anybody had this problem?

Evernote keeps reinstalling itself, each time I restart my desktop.

I am using 6.20.2.8626 (308626) Public. I did not upgrade to 6.22 yet after seeing posts talking about numerous issues. i do not have much time to troubleshoot things these days.

Thanks, have a good day.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Obviously that's not a frequent or expected behaviour - how do you shut down Evernote and your laptop?  Do you exit Evernote first?  How do you attempt to start Evernote when you restart your laptop? Is it possible that you have a link to the 'install' executable file as a shortcut somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
9 minutes ago, fredhammersmith said:

Still doing it.

Should I upgrade now? The latest upgrades were heavily criticized last time I checked, but maybe most problems are solved by now.

Don't see that an upgrade will fix your issue - it's not a recognized 'bug' therefore will not have been fixed - unless by accident.  I'd suggest a support request to at least get it on Evernote's radar...

• 9 months later...

I'm having the same issue on all my computers - I have several of them all Macs, and ever since the latest upgrade, everytime I restart my computer and start evernote it goes on to reinstall itself before starting. The installer file also remains on my desktop and if I attempt to delete it, evernote will close and reinstall. 

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, sai7 said:

I'm having the same issue on all my computers - I have several of them all Macs, and ever since the latest upgrade, everytime I restart my computer and start evernote it goes on to reinstall itself before starting. The installer file also remains on my desktop and if I attempt to delete it, evernote will close and reinstall. 

Hi.  We're in a Windows thread here,  but the same advice probably applies - uninstall/ delete whatever you can (using AppCleaner if things get difficult) and restart your system.  Redownload from Evernote.com and start over.

If that fails - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote or https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/119867-evernote-for-mac-710/ and https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new to report this - long delays currently,  but it will get fixed

• 2 months later...

I am having this issue every time I start Evernote. Running Windows 10. I see there is a new  update to Evernote, this morning when I started it, it said I was on Version 10.3.xxx then downloaded the latest. I also had a Windows update today, so had to restart my machine. Then I restarted Evernote and same drill, on Version 10.3.xxx, updating to latest version (Now 10.8.5)

This is really ridiculous.