four good small but revolutionary ideas, I think

Archis

Idea

1 - In the 'text search' create the option to be able to search it only in the title of the note and not also in all the text as it happens now; this would reduce the number of selected notes and speed up the search for a specific note;
2 - Create the possibility to view the text simultaneously in two different parts of the note as you can do in 'Word' (office), which allows you to have as two separate windows in which to scroll two different parts of the text; this option would help you navigate the note, reorder it, format text, move images, check for repeated phrases, etc.
3 - Ability to create within the note some 'paragraphs / titles' to click on in order to expand the 'content' text in them. A simpler alternative: giving the possibility to create a summary  in the note that allows to refer, through links to the paragraphs, to the various 'paragraphs' of the text.This is to quickly scroll through the topics in very long notes and have an overview, a summary view of what is contained in the note.
4 - Possibility to save the cropped images each in a specific, selectable note, instead of in a generic note as it happens now. In this way it will no longer be necessary to have to 'sort' the clips later, a long and boring operation that I never have time to do and so I find myself with many scattered and uncataloged images. When saving the single clip it would also be useful to be able to associate a title in order to make the updated search easier

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Thank you for your input - the forum is a good place to discuss ideas and find out how other users solve similar issues.

1) Check out the possibilities of ENs advanced search syntax. It is not completely Boolean, but it has a lot of capabilities.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828-How-to-use-Evernote-s-advanced-search-syntax

If you put for example the operator intitle: in front of the word searched, it will only search the word in titles, not in notes. „Intitle:mytext“ will only find notes that have mytext in the title of the note. Write it without a blank after the „ : “.

2) On any desktop client, you can always create a copy of a note, put each into a new window, and have these two side by side. Synchronisation will not be automatically, I‘m afraid. After you are done, simply delete the copy you used for the reading, keeping the one you changed.

3) A better structure of text by headers and sub-headers is part of the new editor currently under development. Check out the Behind-the-scenes videos for more information. Some features can be tested using the „new“ web client. We all hope rollout will be soon.

4) Picture handling is probably not the strongest side of EN. If it is real pictures, there are many picture cataloging or editing programs that do a much better job on this as EN. Probably it would make sense to use one of these, and clip pictures to EN only after pre-processing them there, plus only those that are really needed inside of EN. As I say, EN was not build as a picture library.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 1/23/2020 at 11:36 PM, Archis said:

four good small but revolutionary ideas, I think

It's better to post individual requests separately so users can indicate their support

>>1 - In the 'text search' create the option to be able to search it only in the title of the note and not also in all the text as it happens now

Search option intitle:[phrase]    
The search feature is documented at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828

>>2 - Create the possibility to view the text simultaneously in two different parts of the note

On my Mac, I can have two views by opening a note in it's own window

>>3 - Ability to create within the note some 'paragraphs / titles' to click on in order to expand the 'content' text in them.

see request at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/56257-text-collapse-outlining/

>>4 - Possibility to save the cropped images each in a specific, selectable note, instead of in a generic note as it happens now.

I don"t understand this request.  

Images are stored as attachment files in a note   
I store images and other attachments throughout my notes 

For the "specific, selectable note" assign a tag

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Note to OP: it's better to separate out separate requests into separate posts (to make it better for tabulating votes, topic merging and other related activities), and, if a request is specific to one particular OS/platform (i.e., Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or web) dependent post them in the relevant OS specific request forums.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DTLow said:

It's better to post individual requests separately so users can indicate their support OK

>>1 - In the 'text search' create the option to be able to search it only in the title of the note and not also in all the text as it happens now

The search feature is documented at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828

thank you for the information

>>2 - Create the possibility to view the text simultaneously in two different parts of the note

thank you for the information

>>3 - Ability to create within the note some 'paragraphs / titles' to click on in order to expand the 'content' text in them.

see request at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/56257-text-collapse-outlining/  OK

>>4 - Possibility to save the cropped images each in a specific, selectable note, instead of in a generic note as it happens now.

I don"t understand this request.  I store images and other attachments throughout my notes 

yes, I too. But during my work I select some clip with the EN function, from web, mail an so on for recording information, images, an so on that I after want put in different and specific EN notes in order to specific topics. Actually, I only knew that I can save them togheter in EN note with the specific command below in the window. But while I wrote I have understand that I can drag it individually in a specific note, so I solved my problem! thanks however

923088931_Screenshot2020-01-2510_30_31.png.0da8dd6e1ff07cb3d5db9ba276da64e4.png

9 hours ago, jefito said:

Note to OP: it's better to separate out separate requests into separate posts (to make it better for tabulating votes, topic merging and other related activities), and, if a request is specific to one particular OS/platform (i.e., Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or web) dependent post them in the relevant OS specific request forums.

Sorry, it's my first request! thanks 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, DTLow said:

It's better to post individual requests separately so users can indicate their support

see request at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/56257-text-collapse-outlining/

I don"t understand this request.  

Images are stored as attachment files in a note   
I store images and other attachments throughout my notes 

For the "specific, selectable note" assign a tag

Thank you for all! 

For my clip: I don't use tag, but  I have found a simpler way: to drag them from the EN window in the specific note. Thanks

• Thanks 1