My iPhone is being counted twice as device

I am now locked out of my account because Evernote started limiting deactivations to two per month.  I have an iPad and an iPhone.  Evernote counts my iPhone twice, once with the name iPhone and once with the name iPhone with my name.  The limit should be lifted until the duplicate iPhone problem is fixed.  

• Level 5*

Hi.  Access via a web browser doesn't count toward deactivations,  so Evernote.com should still be available to you.  If your iPad screen is large enough to use the browser version (if you can) that should be allowed too.  However I doubt Evernote is going to rush to give more free access to their services - the Basic account is mean for very low usage or as a trial for on of the paid options.

I'm having this exact same problem - Evernote is telling me 2 iphones are using my account (one correctly named as the iPhone I'm using, the other just a generic unknown iPhone).  Would love to figure out how to permanently resolve this issue and remove access from the unknown iPhone.  For what it's worth, I recently upgraded my phone and wonder if this has anything to do with my data migration.  @Marilyn mmmmm did you happen to upgrade recently as well?  Would help me narrow down if that's a related issue. 

• Level 5

First and most important: How secure is the password you are using for your EN account ? 

Is It unique, not used for any other account ? Is it strong, which means long enough (15 characters or more, upper/lower/numbers/symbols ) plus not from a dictionary, not a clone of another PW you use with maybe a few changes etc. ?

This is because chances are there is not another iPhone, but there may be a hacking attack going on on your account. The passwords used were not stolen from EN, but from other services (maybe the biggest breach was at Yahoo) and circulate in the internet. It is known that these hackers hide behind a fake iPhone. They try with the stolen data, and when they are lucky, they search the account for valuable information.

So before weeding out the device, make sure your account is safe by changing the password. This will stop the access by others. Then you can worry about the account limits. Hint: If you can’t wait for the month to end, you can go to Premium for a single month, straighten out your account, and let it fall back to Basic.