We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
Kitzy

Syncing Phone, Windows App and Web for Windows issues

I am new to Evernote and the ONLY purpose of this for me is to keep track of my Craft Supplies especially Stamps, Dies and Stencils. So thinking that I was smart, I downloaded the App on my phone and Windows Laptop. Once that was done, from the App on my Laptop, I then created several different "NoteBooks" or what I would call "Folders" for my different categories like so:

• Dies
  • Stamps
  • Dies and Stamps
  • Stencils

Before deciding to pay for the service, I want to test the water so this being said I know that I have a limit to how much I can sync per month. Keeping that in mind, I decided to start by downloading the Evernote Extention so that I could use snapshots of my product from the web and tag it all right away.

This was easy enough, item by item went in their respective "Folders" as I like to call them. Knowing that I only have limited uploads I was surprised that it was letting me do multiple so I checked my phone and yes everything that is on my Laptop App is also on my phone BUT I then went to the Evernote WEB to check how much storage I had left and that is when I noticed that ONLY one folder is syncing to the WEB meaning that I did not yet use up all my Data for the month but how is it possible that it's going to my phone though?

I understand that the WEB portion must be that ONLY one of the Notebook (folder) is setup to Sync (only one has that little arrow beside it) but I don't see HOW to change the other NOtebook to sync. I read on this forum that you can have folders that will only sync when you are ready (next month for example) so how do I set that up? Also, how do I know when I am almost over my DATA as it doesn't seem to send any warning.

As for paying to have more upload, can I pay only when I need it? For example, this month I might need more upload but then I won't need it for another 2 months, is that doable?

Are my files stored in the cloud or directly on my computer? I think that once it's synced it's no longer on your pc or am I wrong?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure that I don't spend hours on something to end up realizing that I lost it all... 

Last question, is it possible to have the ENTIRE Screen Black and not only the Left Side?

Thanks in advance, I can do a screenshot of what I did if it would explain my questions better.

51 minutes ago, Kitzy said:

As for paying to have more upload, can I pay only when I need it? For example, this month I might need more upload but then I won't need it for another 2 months, is that doable?

You have the option of subscription payment for the entire year, or just a single month
It's automatic renewal so make sure you switch account levels before the end of the month

>>Are my files stored in the cloud or directly on my computer? I think that once it's synced it's no longer on your pc or am I wrong?

Evernote is a cloud service, with the master copy of our data stored on the servers

Mac/Windows have a full copy of data on our devices
Offline notebooks are an option for IOS/Android

>>Knowing that I only have limited uploads I was surprised that it was letting me do multiple

The limit is 60MB per month - this allows for many uploads

>>BUT I then went to the Evernote WEB

There are various web versions; make sure you're not using the new of beta version - there are issues
The syncing process is        device <> server <> device
If you are seeing the data on both your devices, it will also be on the server

>>but I don't see HOW to change the other NOtebook to sync

Sync is the default for notebooks - you don't have to change anything
Windows/Mac have a Local Notebook option, but that's a more advanced discussion

>>Dies, Stamps, Dies and Stamps

I use Tags, and can assign multiple entries to a note
- I don't need the "Dies and Stamps" category

>>"NoteBooks" or what I would call "Folders"

My preference is to keep this simple - Notebooks and Tags are simply fields in the note metadata
The problem is, some users think that because it's a "Folder", it must have certain properties
- there are some bitter posts about lack of sub-folders

>>Last question, is it possible to have the ENTIRE Screen Black and not only the Left Side?

We need more details on that; platform, screenshot, ...