(Archived) Mac - Unable to import pictures from apps like Journler

I am switching over from Journler to Evernote, and have been trying to copy all of my notes over. Besides the problem with the double spacing, it works fine with one exception. The pictures do not come over and are shown with a question mark placeholder. I tried the copy/paste and also the Paste to Evernote in the clipper. Any ideas on how to get the pictures in?

Thanks,

Vince

Thanks for the tip iafanasyev. I had planned to enter each note individually via cut and paste, but took your advice and exported everything out in different ways. I found that the web archive worked the best, and was able to easily import 800+ notes in no time. I just highlighted about 50 at a time, and dragged them into the Evernote database I wanted. What a breeze!

Everything came in pretty well as far as I can tell. As I go through them I will know more.

Btw, another nice thing about this method using Journler was that I was able to preserve the header information that contained the Title, Category, Tags etc. So it will be a lot easier to set up the tags etc. I need.

Vince

• 9 months later...

Wow, it's been so long since I switched over to Evernote, I almost forget what I did. I remember exporting everything from Journler in a web archive format into a separate directory. There were a lot of files, so I dragged in a few at a time into a separate Evernote database. It worked well, except for some annoying double lines in each file. I believe this has been fixed, but am not sure. I would try this and experiment with a few at a time to see how it works.

Good Luck,

Vince

Archived