Sorting, Organizing, and Alphabetizing Notebooks

I've been having an issue with organizing Notebooks that has occurred within the last 1-2 weeks. I currently have a basic membership, I use the Beta Editor, and I use the newest Web Client and IOS version of Evernote. This problem, however, only occurs in the new Web Client version (not on my iPhone, iPad, or even the previous Web Client version if I switch back). 

I normally use stacks to organize notebooks, and I organize the notebooks within the stacks by using numbers (e.g. 1-Title X, 2-Title Y, 3-Title Z, etc.). Sometimes, I don't put a number by a notebook just to keep the notebook on the bottom of the list in a particular stack. Normally, this allows me to quickly access a notebook without having to scan down the list of available notebooks within a stack, until recently. Recently, the order of my notebooks within stacks is disorganized, and I can't find the pattern. My stacks stay in alphabetical order, but my notebooks don't. Generally, they don't seem to be in reverse-alphabetical or organized by time either, as each stack seems to have a different order. One stack will list notebooks in reverse-alphabetical (Title, 2-Title Y, 1-Title X), but the next stack will do the opposite (1-Title X, 2-Title Y, Title ). Another stack has Title, Title, 1-Title X, Title, 3-Title Z, 2-Title Y). 

I'm not sure what's happened, but the messed up order doesn't happen when I switch to a different version of the Web Client, or if I use Evernote on my iPhone or iPad. Any ideas? 

• Level 5*

Hi.

5 hours ago, rmaloney83 said:

doesn't happen when I switch to a different version of the Web Client

- Sounds like you're using the new web client which is still under development.  If a different version works,  why not stick with that?  The new one might reset if you log out and back in again - if it's newly changed names that cause problems it might be a syncing issue... ??

Thank you for your response and suggestions. I think it makes sense that there would be a glitch since the web client is still under development. 

For now, I think I'm going to stick with the newer version because I prefer it's word-processing abilities to the old one (making lists, numbers, tabs, bullets, etc.). The problem with the sorting of notebooks is less inconvenient than the problem I was having with processing meeting notes on the older version. 

I tried logging out of all my devices and clearing my browser's cache, but the issue persists. That was a good suggestion to consider syncing being an issue, but the order sticks after a day even though the display is alphabetized in my IOS device and the earlier version of the web client. 

HOWEVER, I did find out that using Firefox rather than Chrome worked to solve the problem. The notebooks are alphabetized on that browser for some reason. Do you have any ideas as to why this would be, or any other suggestions to improve my use on Chrome? I'm just a Basic user, so would Evernote help me?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, rmaloney83 said:

Do you have any ideas as to why this would be, or any other suggestions to improve my use on Chrome? I'm just a Basic user, so would Evernote help me?

Sadly,  the answers to your questions are no,  no and -no.  There is an amazing amount of material in  Youtube and Evernote's help pages that might help you as a new user,  but I don't recall seeing anything specific about which browser is preferable.  If you run into any issues a web search for Evernote,  your OS and your issue will often find someone has posted something on the subject already.  For information,  Chrome is not the only 'chrome' browser.  There are two notable recent(ish) additions - Brave and Vivaldi.  They both use add-ins from the Chrome store,  but boast that they use less resource on your computer,  are more secure,  and faster.  It might be worth trying one or other out just to see.

These two links might help get you started...

• Level 5
23 hours ago, rmaloney83 said:

HOWEVER, I did find out that using Firefox rather than Chrome worked to solve the problem. The notebooks are alphabetized on that browser for some reason. Do you have any ideas as to why this would be, or any other suggestions to improve my use on Chrome?

FWIW, each browser seems to have strengths and weaknesses with Evernote Web. You've found that Firefox does this task better, so that's good. Others have found that in FF notes can scroll wildly if you get your mouse pointer too close to the top and bottom. It's all puzzling till the Web beta becomes fully operational across browsers!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorting notes is too cumbersome in the iOS system.  Too many key strokes (taps).  Is there a way to have a keyboard keystroke shortcut to change your sort from “date created” to “title”, etc.?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, JDH377 said:

Sorting notes is too cumbersome in the iOS system.

You've tacked on to a discussion in the web forum
You should be posting in the IOS forum