Hi All,

Is there a way that I can add a tag to multiple notes in one step? i.e. search all notes for a subset and then add a tag to all of the select notes (via Ctrl-A). Rather than add the tags to each note individually?

Thx Phil

• Level 5

Sure it works on a Mac !

Select the notes, clicking the First, then holding down cmd when clicking the next ones. If they are in a sequence, you can click the first one, hold shift and click the last one.

They will show in a new window as a symbolic bundle, with options like joining them into one note, moving all of them to another location, create a table-of-content note and (🎺 ! 🥁 !) Tagging. The individual tags already assigned will be preserved by this, a new tag will be assigned to all of them in one go. It can be an existing tag, or a newly created one. Typing in the tag field will show proposals, if the typed Tag is not existing, it will be created and assigned in one go.

When done, the bundle is dissolved, and the notes return with the new tag to where they have been, or were moved to.

P.S. This function is one why I return to EN on the Mac again and again. I would really wish the option to modify several notes at once would be allowed on the iPad as well !

• Level 5*
On 1/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, pjwood249 said:

Is there a way that I can add a tag to multiple notes in one step? i.e. search all notes for a subset and then add a tag to all of the select notes (via Ctrl-A). Rather than add the tags to each note individually?

The screenshot is from Evernote/Mac with multiple notes selected512307987_ScreenShot2020-01-17at2_04_30PM.png.483e59f1a9e9ad00a495cfa5e465ea50.png

• Like 1