Auto-Save on Sketch / Notes

mattrickman

Idea

Love that i can finally take notes directly in EN with the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.

But.

I frequently lose notes.  If your in the middle of taking a note (in the sketch mode) and lets say you switch over to another app (checking mail for example).  Quite often (but not always) - I come back to EN to find that it has closed out of my sketch note  - meaning I have lost everything.

So - what I try to do is open up a sketch note... and then routinely click DONE and then go back into the sketch to keep working (this functions as a "save").

But - over the course of the day - it's easy to miss doing this - and subsequently I end up losing notes.  Hopefully this is something that changes in the future.

Does anyone else have this problem?

• Like 6

It really is unfortunate that this is *STILL* an unresolved issue. I generally LOVE Evernote and have been a user since 2008 but lack of an auto-save feature is really disheartening and discouraging.  I want to replace all of my paper notes (Post-Its, to-do lists, meeting notes, etc) with Evernote but I don't always remember to save and I just lost a whole page of notes for a project I'm working on.  Super frustrating.

• Level 5

The safe way is to leave the note you have been working on, and it will save and (if an internet connection is available) sync.

Even when leaving the app open and switching without saving, with v10 I have not lost content yet. And when closing the app directly after typing (without doing anything else - stopped typing, went to home view and swiped to close), the text was still there when I opened it again.

There may be situations when the app looses the last edits done if closed down hard. On trying I could not provoke a loss of data yet.