Auto-Save on Sketch / Notes

mattrickman

Idea

Love that i can finally take notes directly in EN with the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.

But.

I frequently lose notes.  If your in the middle of taking a note (in the sketch mode) and lets say you switch over to another app (checking mail for example).  Quite often (but not always) - I come back to EN to find that it has closed out of my sketch note  - meaning I have lost everything.

So - what I try to do is open up a sketch note... and then routinely click DONE and then go back into the sketch to keep working (this functions as a "save").

But - over the course of the day - it's easy to miss doing this - and subsequently I end up losing notes.  Hopefully this is something that changes in the future.

Does anyone else have this problem?

• Like 6

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, choikee said:

I also experienced a problem where I lost my handwritten notes.

As a premium member you can report this directly to Support - if Evernote haven't yet found the cause of this sort of data loss,  your additional input may be what they need...

@DTLow Really? If Evernote Premium, which costs the same as MS Office 365, isn’t for serious work then what are we paying for? Doodling space? Sorry for being in a bad mood, but Evernote’s had this issue for years and some updates seem to fix it temporarily but it always comes back. Worse is when you start losing sketches from notes that were alredy saved fine. There’s just no excuse for this. I have always preferred Evernote for organising my work and mainly because the apple pencil writing and sketching experience is much better than other apps. I just wish I could only rely on it more. I have raised this issue to Support in the past and they have recommended upcoming updates, which usually do fix the issue, but then they start happening again. This thread was started in 2016, but this is still happening in 2019, and there isn’t a single comment here from Evernote Admins. Whether the app should be used for serious work or not is besides the point. The point here is that Evernote should deliver on their promises and ensure the app works, and not take paid users for granted, which is how I feel at the moment. As someone who does a lot of work on iPad, I already pay for MS Office 365 which gives me more than enough tools to get my notes done, but I prefer the Evernote interface, and have been a paid premium user for a number of years, and feel like I have to migrate to another tool just because I now primarily take notes using Apple Pencil and can no longer compromise on that.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, professor_popo said:

Nobody in 2020 should have to press a "Done" button while doing handwritten notes on an iPad, failing which, lose ALL PROGRESS if they go to a different window or lock the screen.

I moved your post to the feedback forum, and merged it existing discussions    
To indicate your support use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion (currently at 14 votes)

>>Personally switched to using Notability for handwriting, text / organization in Evernote. Not optimal but works, no more losing notes.

Notability is my app choice for note-taking (handwriting)
Evernote continues to be my choice for storage and organization   
and the documents continue to be stored as attachments

I get this problem a lot and wish Evernote would resolve it.

I try to minimise the risk by frequently saving the sketch and I also make a note of the sketch version each time I reopen it, so I can keep track. But that only helps if the sketch shows all the different versions on the same note, which often happens; at least then you can choose the correct one. It doesn't help if you lose the sketch completely.

It's a real shame because the integration of the pencil, sketch and Evernote is a fantastic idea in concept especially if, like me, you create a lot of hand-written mindmaps. I persist because it is so useful. But I wish I could rely on it more than is currently possible.

Unfortunately the Evernote support folk just say it's a unique problem to me that they can't replicate. It's good to know that this is not in fact true and that others suffer the same problem.

I always use Goodnotes with auto save to Googledrive - that way when I add a link in evernote they will always be there and updated.  Goodnotes is a VERY solid app.  Have been using it on my iPad since it 1st hit the appstore years ago.  Have tried many times going to Evernote for handwritten notes instead since everything I do is in there ... but the unstability makes me not trust it.  maybe someday...

Hi All, 

Recently switching from OneNote to EverNote, much fluid user experience, kudo to the team.

However, one thing that really frustrates me is the seemly lack of auto-save function for note taking. Please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like that my sketch will be lost if I did not click the "done" button at the end of my sketching session? I once switched to a message app, then after switching back, found all my note gone...which is really frustrating. 

I wonder am I the only one experiencing it or is there anyway work around on this?

thanks,

Tim

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote doesn't instantly sync your work to the server or save to the local device until you finish editing and close the note.  It should be possible to manually sync while you're working if you have a lot of changes or new work to secure.

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-18 at 오후 5시 19분, Tim Chen said:

or is there anyway work around on this?

I have a long standing practce of frequently saving my work-in-progress.  

In sketch mode, this requires a click on the Done icon (as you reported)  Standard typing is saved automatically

If I have internet connection, also frequent sync to the servers - automatic in IOS but I can force this by switching to another note (there are alternate methods)

• Level 5*

Hi - try changing the title of this thread so it's a feature request for a 'save' button.  If you get some support clicks,  it'll bump the priority up the list.  Maybe...:)

To chime in I also have this problem.  I just lost another note. Note still there but all content gone.  It happens erratically so I can’t reproduce it but it seems to be associated with a network not be fully connected to iPad.  

Evernote are you listening?  I’ve been using this since Apple Pencil cameand this happens enough that I am considering giving up. 

Same for me. Very annoying: notes are still there, but hand-written content is lost. I double the opinion above that this somehow is related to network/sync problems.

Hi Evernote,

Surely this has been reported before but I couldn’t find anything on the forums.

I am having an issue with the iPad Pro, sketch tool, and Apple Pencil.

Essentially, if I leave the app for more than a few minutes, say to respond to a message, or multitask in a different window, I lose the content of my sketches. This has happened to me at least ten times now.

It’s deeply frustrating. I’ll use the tool to brainstorm lecture slides and then all of a sudden, my slides will be gone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So frustrating that this problem is not fixed.  I lost another set of notes today and have finally decided after using evernote for more than 5 years that I'm going to have to use something else.   I can't afford to use a note program that discards my work without warning. 

I've experienced this before as well. After being away from Evernote for a few minutes it stops running in the background so that's probably why the sketch isn't saved. I think if you press "Done" on your sketch and then swipe down on the side bar you can force a sync to be sure it's saved. Definitely annoying though. I personally think Notability is a bit better for handwriting anyways and then very easy to send to Evernote when you're done.

I asked support about this (they made a feature request) over a year ago. I made another one 4 weeks ago for the same issue. At this point, unfortunately, I'm done. No other sketching app I have on my iPad Pro discards my work if I don't actively save it. Autosave has been part of iOS for years and especially in a note taking app this is ridiculous. If I'm in a meeting, taking notes, and I stop for 5 minutes to discuss something, I don't expect my notes until that point to be deleted.

Obviously Evernote has had a lot of issues lately, both with corporate departures as well as a fair amount of negative press for becoming stagnant. I had really held out hope for Evernote. I've been an iOS user for over 8 years, and most of them have been a paying premium user. Looks like it's time to find another solution and recommend my clients do the same. ?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JimLaPier said:

If I'm in a meeting, taking notes,

You have many choices for editors; are you using the best tool?
My favourite note taking editor is Notability on my iPad.  I send (share menu) the document to Evernote in .pdf format; .note format if there's audio recording.

>>find another solution and recommend my clients do the same

Evernote's editor is ok for basic notes.  I don't recommend it for serious work
For note taking, I recommend Notability
For word processing, I recommend Word/Pages.
For spreadsheets, I recommend Excel/Numbers.

Note attachments can be any file format.  
Evernote works well with images, pdfs and Office/iWork documents

I frequently use my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil for taking handwritten notes during meetings.  When adding a handwritten note if I don't press done the note is not saved when I switch to other programs and then return to evernote.  It would be great if these handwritten notes worked the same as typing - in that content is autosaved as you enter it.  For my needs it would be even better if I didn't have to select to handwrite and could simply write straight into the note.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
8 hours ago, RayMas said:

I have always preferred Evernote for organising my work and mainly because the apple pencil writing and sketching experience is much better than other apps.

[Really]
I feel the same way about using Evernote for storing and organizing my work.  
I consider this to be the core function, and that's what I'm paying for.

For writing and sketching, I prefer to use dedicated apps
I find the Evernote editor and format only provides basic features
As I mentioned Notability is my choice for the iPad

• Level 5

Just gave Penultimate another try. If you are used to some solid note taking with Apple Pencil and iPad Pro, the app is an outdated joke.

Personally I use Goodnotes for all handwritten stuff, but I hear a lot of good things about Notability as well. If I need some of it in EN, I have to export it as a pdf and send it via share as a note to EN.

EN for me is far away from being a serious contender in the race for taking handwritten notes. Make a few quick annotations, fine. But not taking notes !

Every bug report on this is justified !

The point is not that autosave would be a great feature to have... the point is that we live in 2019 and it should be there. Full-stop. 

I have just lost one hour of note taking and it is a shame guys....

i will move to another tool and will not renew my subscription.

i have no words

Few time my writing on the notepad in Evernote gets lost if I don’t save it and the device goes to sleep. It would be great if the Evernote can auto save immediately when using the pad (the function when you hand write). 

• Level 5*

Hi.  This would be better posted in the Feature Request forum for iOS / All devices where others can vote on it and -maybe- increase the likelihood of it being adopted by Evernote.  I can move the post if you'd like...

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Talsaleh said:

Few time my writing on the notepad in Evernote gets lost if I don’t save it and the device goes to sleep. It would be great if the Evernote can auto save immediately when using the pad (the function when you hand write). 

Merged with ongoing discussion thread

You can add your votes at the request posted here 

ive been using evernote for iOS for years, currently on ipad pro. if I have sketched notes using the pen, then flick over to another app (eg mail), then return to evernote a few minutes later, often the sketch is lost and the note is empty. I think evernote is restarting when I go back to it, and not saving the open note. The only solution is to hit done before multi-tasking away, but this isnt practical everytime. Nor should I have to do this. this is incredibly frustrating as I use it to take notes in meetings.

I have the same or similar issue described above. If I start a sketch in one of my notes and then my iPad goes to sleep, when I return to the app my sketch is gone. I love Evernote but honestly this problem needs to be addressed or I can’t use Evernote as my note taking tool. If I’m being honest I would have to cancel my subscription and switch to basic iOS notes. PLEASE fix this issue.

Thanks!

Looks like I'll be making the switch to Notability too, got in touch with support this is what they had to say:

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your patience. My name is xxx on the technical support team. Your request was routed my way so I can continue assisting you. I understand sketches sometimes don't get saved to the note if you leave Evernote and switch back to the app after some time.

First, to elaborate on expected behavior with sketches, the sketch will not save to the note unless the 'Done' button is pressed. If you stay in sketch mode, the sketch will stay up for a moment, but if you switch away from Evernote and the app gets shut down by the system (the app can still be 'open' in the background but it is not running to free up memory for the system and other apps to run), then the sketch will not be saved to the note.

That being said, we are seeing reports of the app refreshing too quickly when it's in the background, which can cause the sketch to stay open for less time — our developers are investigating this problem.

While we investigate, to make sure sketches are saved to the note, I strongly recommend pressing 'Done' before switching to another app, or before leaving the iPad going to sleep. For more information, I invite you to read the article [How to add hand-drawn sketches to Evernote on iOS devices](https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/213493077-How-to-add-hand-drawn-sketches-to-Evernote-on-iOS-devices).

I don't think Notability does this. How hard would it be to auto-save? Pretty disappointed with this response.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, MikePearce said:

Looks like I'll be making the switch to Notability too ... I don't think Notability does this.

I haven't lost notes, sketches, or audio with Noability; it seems like an easy solution.

It's my favourite note-taking editor on the iPad with an Apple Pencil.

When I'm done updating the note, I save it to Evernote in pdf and native format.

I can't believe they call this "expected behavior" in any app. Auto-save has been part of iOS for years. It is EXPECTED in iOS that changes in apps of this nature are saved in real time. Save is not the same as "done." The app should be saving in real time like any other app. I do alpha and beta testing for dozens of apps on multiple platforms so I know what "expected behavior" means.

So if I am in the middle of typing a note and I quit the app without clicking "done" or closing the note should all of my typing be deleted? No. It is saved in real time. The same should occur for sketches. To have a user expect different is asinine. 

Just another example of how out of touch Evernote has become if they consider this an expected behavior. So sad.

I’m also disappointed in the answer. I was an Evernote Premium user and switched to Notability. I take notes during business meetings and couldn’t afford to keep losing my work because I didn’t manually press save. The longer Evernote lacks this basic feature, the less likely I’ll come back.

I've had a premium account for a while now. I love everything except that I keep losing sketches on my iPad pro. It's caused a lot of problems in my workflow. Can there be an autosave function added to sketches so that you don't have to hit "done" to save them? I see that multiple users have requested this over the last couple years. Please let me know if this is not something y'all will be working on so I can look for another note taking app. 

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, StevenJones said:

Please let me know if this is not something y'all will be working on

Hi.  We're a -mainly- user supported forum,  and Evernote don't (usually) comment on when or whether features might be released.  If it's not doing what you need,  there are other apps out there that will allow you to attach files to an Evernote note...

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, StevenJones said:

Can there be an autosave function added to sketches so that you don't have to hit "done" to save them? I see that multiple users have requested this over the last couple years.

I merged the discussions for this topic

To indicate your support for the request, use the vote button at the top left corner of tne discussion.  This request has 93B96A91-6110-492C-BC14-DBF71A4C2774.jpeg.ae3b10cf59736ca344d388fed767cb76.jpeguser votes

>>Please let me know if this is not something y'all will be working on so I can look for another note taking app. 

No indication from Evernote.  I recommend the Notability app

I save the document in Evernote as a note attachment file in both native and image/pdf format

I experience the same! Very annoying. I’ve lost so much work like this. It seems that some bug has resulted in all sketches being flattened to images too, and without any sign of when this might be resolved. Time to switch to another app!

• Like 3
  • Level 5

Thanks, @Amplias, for specifying the platform you're working on! It varies from one platform to another currently, so you might check the settings in the ipad app and see if there's an autosave option. There isn't in Android, but in Android Evernote prevents the screen from sleeping. Still, during a long edit I will save or sync (two different things in the Android app) periodically to be safe.

• Confused 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

so you might check the settings in the ipad app and see if there's an autosave option

No autosave setting in IOS either

Personally, I don't use Evernote's sketch feature for note-taking
I use the Notablility app on my iPad with with Apple Pencil.  The document is stored in Evernote as a note attachment

• Like 1

They have actually improved the handwriting and created shapes tools.  But, still lack:

1. A better highlighter tool that doesn't show "layers". 

2. The No Autosave function is crazy.  Why go to all the work of making a nice tool and then no autosave?  I get a phone call when I am writing and everything I have written is lost.  

3. Sketches were a "thing" 5 years ago.  Today, with an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, these are real note taking tools.  We should be able to handwrite pages of notes inside the app.  (Don't get me started about how bad Penultimate is), plus it is external to the App.  Apple Notes and OneNote allow one to create notes in the app. 

BTW. I'm doing the same thing as DTLow, creating content in Notability or Apple Notes and then sending it to a note in Evernote.  Slow, but more reliable. 

• Like 6

Agreed - I am also considering changing. I seem to be getting a different scenario to past is when iPAD goes to sleep the note is not kept. It goes back to the front screen and loses all the test. When i am in an appointment it just not possible to press done all the times it goes to sleep. this actually defeats the entire reason i have my subscription. If i cant get a solution to this i will definitely stop using evernote. In the past it used to go back to the handwriting section of the note - this now seems erratic?? Weird!

• Like 1

I have the same problem. Android, Galaxy Note 9.  Handwriting disappears even after I have synced the notes. I've lost really important stuff and it's not fair that I have to pay to upgrade to see note history. Server side glitches deleting my content is not acceptable. 

• Level 5

1) iOS is a lot more restricted than Android. I doubt that a 3rd party app like EN can prevent that a OS-function sends the device to sleep. You can move the auto-locking time in the iOS settings to a max. of 5 minutes on an iPhone, or „never“. On an iPad It goes up to 15min, or „never“ again. Maybe a longer time will help you to avoid data losses when you just go briefly away.

2) It takes a bit of training, but you just need to leave the current note and return to the notes overview to force a save / sync operation.

3) For handwritten stuff, I use GoodNotes 5. Notes stay in GN5 as long as they are active, and sync through iCloud. Once a note is closed, I export it into EN as a searchable pdf.

I've been having this issue on my ipad pro for the past two+ months. Up until some major update, this wasn't a problem for me—my ipad could go to sleep and within 5-10 minute, I could turn it back on and the app would still be active and in sketch mode. Now, the app completely closes down the second I let my ipad go to sleep whether I'm sketching or typing.

It's driving me insane because I can't always catch it or save every 5 seconds. I have to move to another sketching app because I rely on it every day for work and personal tasks. It just shouldn't be an issue that requires workarounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Maybe related to iOS 13 ?

There are reports that iOS 13 handles inactive apps more strictly, because it uses the resources for the OS and other active apps. Maybe you could check whether this may be happening since you updated (if you updated, what most I-device-users are doing).

Personally I use GoodNotes 5 for all handwritten stuff. Apples own Notes could be an alternative as well, and this would be for free.

• Like 1

This is also a huge problem for me. I have to always remember to hit "Done" before switching apps or letting my iPad go to sleep. Sometimes while in meetings I write a few things down and then put down my iPad to listen. Within a few minutes all of my notes are gone. I've lost notes so many times that I'm thinking of switching away from EN all together.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 minutes ago, NC1 said:

I'm gone

Good bye, good luck

I recommend the Notability app; a great improvement on "handwriting"   
I still like Evernote for storage and organization; I store the Notability documents as note attachments

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
44 minutes ago, NC1 said:

If this issue isn't resolved before my subscription renewal date (Feb 2020), I'm gone.  Just saying!  Evernote do you care?

These forums are primarily user-to-user, not a means of addressing Evernote directly. Before your subscription expires, you could use it to contact support and see what they have to say: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new.

• Ex Employees
On 12/23/2019 at 9:21 AM, PinkElephant said:

Maybe related to iOS 13 ?

There are reports that iOS 13 handles inactive apps more strictly, because it uses the resources for the OS and other active apps. Maybe you could check whether this may be happening since you updated (if you updated, what most I-device-users are doing).

Personally I use GoodNotes 5 for all handwritten stuff. Apples own Notes could be an alternative as well, and this would be for free.

A lot of the complaints in this thread are iOS and I have read the complaints about iOS 13 being very aggressive in killing off backgrounded apps. I've personally noticed that Evernote unfortunately is impacted. Having a note open and letting the phone turn off results in being brought back to the all notes view when I open it back up again. This is using the same version as before where I didn't have the problem before the iOS upgrade.

Some sites claim it was fixed in 13.2.2, but I'm on 13.3 and still have problems.

Extremely frustrating that this is still an issue in 2020. Have lost multiple handwritten notes this way.

I've been on Evernote since 2011 and sorry to say, this could be end of the road for me...

Seriously thinking of switching to OneNote. Please fix this ***** asap.

I use ipad PRO with pencil 2 to take notes on Evernote but there is a big problem. I start taking notes during a meeting, time to time I interrupt as usual, then the screen goes black, after touching the screen to awake it, I see that all the notes I had taken so far are gone!! I need to periodically close the sketch screen to save the notes I have taken which is very disturbing and easy to forget. The sketch screen should be same like the typewriting screen, it should save automatically as soon as I write something, otherwise sketching is totally useless. Therefore I stopped using evernote and start using Apple Notes, where I don't have this problem. Apple notes automatically records anything I write on the screen as soon as I write.

• Level 5*

I don't recommend the sketch feature for note taking
I use the Notability app, with the documents stored in Evernote as note attachments

I merged your post with similar discussions

So here's the problem: with Evernote on my iPad Pro:

• Start new note
  • Open Sketch / Draw to make note using Apple Pencil
  • iPad locks itself / goes into 'sleep'
  • Unlock iPad to find I'm back on homescreen and when I re-open Evernote, all my notes haven't been saved and have disappeared.

Not sure if this as Evernote / Apple / iOS feature request, but super annoying.  Only way I've found to solve this is to hit 'Done' every 10 (or so) seconds to save my work.

Just happened to me and can’t believe it. Hour long session of taking important notes gone. Curious what other folks are switching to. This is beyond unacceptable. Can it really be so hard to save state on the app for something this important? Can I in good faith use this app ever again given the possibility of not remembering to press save and losing everything? I didn’t even change apps. It just went to lockscreen during a break and that was enough to trash the notes. 

Allegedly some of it is iOS 13.(something)'s fault with multi-tasking. Doesn't abdicate Evernote's responsibility.

Personally switched to using Notability for handwriting, text / organization in Evernote. Not optimal but works, no more losing notes.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/11/01/ios-13-2-killing-background-apps/

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/31/20942043/apple-ios-13-iphone-11-pro-ram-memory-management-app-background-refresh

Nobody in 2020 should have to press a "Done" button while doing handwritten notes on an iPad, failing which, lose ALL PROGRESS if they go to a different window or lock the screen.

Report this, people. I did.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Need better handwriting integration with Evernote. Please.

Lost 3 or 4 times 15 min on the last 2 days just because sketches are gone anytime the iPad (13.3) screen goes off...

Meeting notes, sketches, you speak for 2 min, come back and... gone.

It's been ages since all devices are on batteries and OS's are protecting against drains. I can't imagine all developers saying "OS are optimising battery life thus, yeah you loose your work"  

Incredible!!

This bug is REALLY frustrating. Can't believe it's still an issue, after four years.

Also: When I try to log a support ticket on the web, it logs me out of my account. Seems like a great strategy for ensuring you maintain a low bug count...

This has been bugging me for a while. When adding a sketch to a note there is a high degree of loss of what you were just working on. Sketch does not save intermediate updates to your note. Here are some cases where this happens. All are very frustrating and apps like Paper do not have this issue. This would be a high value feature request.

• Switching between apps
  • Locking of your iOS device
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, klomp said:

This has been bugging me for a while.

I merged your post with an existing request.    
To indicate your support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion.    
The request currently has 16 votes

• Like 1

This is very frustrating. I hope they do something about it in the next update. Clearly it’s causing people to not want to use the tool after all, and these people are looking for other apps to use instead. It’s a very good feature but not worth losing your work. Nothing is ThAT worth it...

Tried just about every other free handwriting tool on the IOS store and I still prefer the one in Evernote but again, it’s just not worth the risk of losing all of what you just did because, for example, you have a video playing in the background that suddenly grabs your attention for a minute, or because someone suddenly came up to you needing your attention.

Not only are these completely normal situations, to be expected really, but also, this is an app often used to help people manage their ADD/ADHD. It helps to create continuous structure in an otherwise unfocused individual and I have seen Evernote recommended for this throughout the web. I myself rely on this to remember things every day and stick to a plan.

If people with focus related challenges are just expected to 'keep saving their work just in case', it kind of goes against the idea. If managing ADHD/distractions was that easy, there would be no need to use Evernote as a helpful tool to help manage this common human difficulty.

(R.I.P. Dozens of unsaved notes this week. Would have been useful, but can’t even remember it all...)

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I don't use this feature much myself, but you're right, for those who do it's a must-have. Right now Evernote is working on a major redo of the editors across platforms (see some of the Behind the Scenes videos). I don't know whether fixing this will be included, but it would be great if it was.

I wasn't aware of Evernote as a help for ADD/ADHD people. What a brilliant "use case," as they say in the business world. Good to know that one of my favorite tools has such widespread usefulness.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:02 AM, Scott T. said:

A lot of the complaints in this thread are iOS and I have read the complaints about iOS 13 being very aggressive in killing off backgrounded apps. I've personally noticed that Evernote unfortunately is impacted. Having a note open and letting the phone turn off results in being brought back to the all notes view when I open it back up again. This is using the same version as before where I didn't have the problem before the iOS upgrade.

Some sites claim it was fixed in 13.2.2, but I'm on 13.3 and still have problems.

Nope, this has been ever since Apple Pencil came out - if you have not saved/clicked Done, if the screen goes to sleep and you have to restart/push a button, the sketched Notes are gone!
Irrespective of which IOS it is. I wish I'd reported this over a year ago, but first time here.

On 3/12/2020 at 5:38 PM, ZokiPoprocks said:

This is very frustrating. I hope they do something about it in the next update. Clearly it’s causing people to not want to use the tool after all, and these people are looking for other apps to use instead. It’s a very good feature but not worth losing your work. Nothing is ThAT worth it...

- AGREED!

I have resorted to using APPLE Notes when I want to work with the apple Pencil, which is most of the time and even considering just setting up More Apple Notes folders if I can not trust the Apple Pencil. 

On 3/12/2020 at 5:38 PM, ZokiPoprocks said:

Hi

Love Evernote and we use it in our firm a lot.  But I find it so frustrating if I accidently leave my app to collect something and if I forget to click the Finnish-button on my sketch drawing - I LOOSE EVERYTING!   Please add an autosave function to save my note and sketchdrawing i have scribbled down.

• Level 5*
56 minutes ago, tvslaven said:

Please add an autosave function to save my note and sketchdrawing i have scribbled down.

Merged with an ongoing discussion for this feature

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, BK377630 said:

It seems that the new Evernote version on iPad finally solved this. Quickly tested but I’ll be happy  if someone else confirms.

I'm still not seeing autosave   
however with V10.0 the Evernote session seems to remain live when switching apps