Enable better Simplify Formatting of notes

TdeV

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 1/15/2020 at 6:49 PM, TdeV said:

Simplify formatting does NOT remove all formatting. See here about issues with paragraph tags and printing and here with issues about paragraph style on screen (desktop).

Does remove formatting do a better job for you?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 1/22/2020 at 5:26 AM, TdeV said:

Hi @CalS, Remove Formatting doesn't make any difference to this problem. There are some very very minor things it does differently than Simplify Formatting, and this (big) item is not one of them.

I don't use these commands often, so good to know.  I did an EN Copy Selection on the link you provided above and did a simplify and remove.  The results look exactly;y the same.  When I took a look at the ENML all the FONT stuff is out of the remove version.  I'm sure other things happen with more complicated web pages.

ScreenClip.png.4d535b179cf74d4a9a9bd87bfac4797c.png

If I copy the original formatted note into Word using the keep text only option, and then copy paste back into EN the line break formatting is maintained, though the URL linking is lost.  A workaround of sorts, but kind of a PITA.  I up voted this assuming we are talking about maintaining new lines when simplifying or removing formatting.

• Like 1