(Archived) Suggestion: spoiler in notefield to hide not important text

Hi,

you know the spoiler from Boards in Internet.

So I have often too many text or pictures in notefiels.

This is not always important, but it is useful to have the whole Text.

If I want know all info of my note I can open the spoiler.

But normally I want to know dates and what happened in this date, but not all the details just a summary.

Things like many Links can be hide too.

I think you know what I want to say.

I hope you like my suggestion, and I hope many user write her opinion in this thread.

you do not understand me. Perhaps because of my english...

I do not mean the panel.

I mean my own infodetails in one notefield.

Example:

- I make a note of history

- there are photos

- People who fighted in a war, but not all people are important

- And I do not need the photos, when I will one day search for this note to update my mind.

I need within the notefield a hide function.

In boards it calls spoiler.

Yes I agree this would be great to be able to collapse sections of notes and have thought about making the request.

A, not so elegant, work around is to use the encrypt selected text option. It is a bit of a pain as you now cannot search on the included text and need to type a password to expand it but it works.

Cheers,

Sam

A, not so elegant, work around is to use the encrypt selected text option. It is a bit of a pain as you now cannot search on the included text and need to type a password to expand it but it works.

So we need the same button without encryption/passwort, and that's done? Or not?

Nothing very new have to be programming

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Level 5*

This sounds like a good idea, but not something I'd see Evernote doing. A third-party developer, though, might be able to make a go of it. You know, I've often wondered why the desktop apps don't have plugins (like browser extensions). Evernote makes the base UI and everyone else plugs in all the features we keep requesting. One developer might work on the "spoiler" feature, another might offer a color-coding plug in, and someone else could do a LaTeX or markup one.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Another non-elegant-but-usable workaround is to keep both the "collapsed" and the "expanded" version in the same note.

1. Type your note.

2. At the end add a bar (control+shift+underscore).

3. Copy the note and paste it again under the bar.

4. In the upper copy delete all the material that otherwise you would hide in Word.

That`s it.

The upper part of the note will serve as the "collapsed" note.

The lower part is the "expanded" version.

Good luck.. :)

Archived