Editing a Note on EN-Android Results in ALL Images Changing Size & Position in EN-Windows

I was just editing one my notes on EN-Android (Samsung Note8 phone) when I encountered this bug/issue. This particular note was created on EN-Windows, and has many images of various file dimension/resolution/size added, and that I had painstakingly adjusted their appearance-size (drag n shrink etc) in order to fit the note window as desired, placing on average 3 per line.

The issue is:-  When EN-Android displayed this note, it maximised each image for nicer/easier viewing on my phone, and displayed 1 image per line/row.  But once I synced my Android phone, and then returned to the note in EN-Windows on my PC, then manually synced EN-Windows (F9), ALL images had now been maximised, and also only 1 image was displayed per line, just like EN-Android!  And whereas previously I may have had 1,2,3 or even 4 images per line originally setup on the Note in EN-Windows, this had now also been changed to just 1 image per line... how bizarre. 

Anyone have any ideas or know about this?  May have to report this to EN.

I'm using EN-Windows v6.18.4.8489 and EN-Android app v8.12.4
  • Level 5*

Got that t-shirt too.  There's no actual image size control in Evernote - if you change the displayed size in Windows, that will hold until the note is next edited on a different device - then all bets are off.  If you want a specific fixed layout,  the best way to achieve this is to use tables.  The attached forinstance is my record of a dead laptop battery...

screenshot-www.evernote.com-2020_01.12-22_43_22.png.8d2c74975992d424b90b9a6fd4b1ff7f.png

The team are (I understand) rewriting the editor,  so -hopefully- things will get better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

if you change the displayed size in Windows, that will hold until the note is next edited on a different device - then all bets are off.

WOW! ... Until this morning, I have rarely edited existing notes on other platforms (EN-Android, EN-iOS etc), esp notes with lots of images. Other clients/platforms have just been for viewing/read only access.  This is a real blow and let down... but, your Table-Workaround may prove to be even more effective, as I do like how image sizes displayed, adjust to the table-cell automatically when dragging/copy pasting across.  Bugger!  Thanks again Gazumped, cheers

• Like 1

...and surprisingly the EN Image viewer still opens/works when viewing images pasted into different cells of EN Tables (see some screen snips I pasted into a test table).

EN continues to displays each image(s), from each cell, going across and down as listed...so that's great...but of course the table doesn't look great on EN-Android as it does not resize for the different screen size.... trying to have my cake and eat it too...oh well.

image.thumb.png.f1c701746335bb608b6f2fc41ebc01f5.png

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

You have some limited control over table/ screen size - click in any cell and the drop down offers "match note width" which you can use to jump out >> or back in << (but be careful you didn't select the image itself: use arrow keys to get into the cell if necessary!).  And if you have a string of large images in very small table boxes,  double-clicking an image (on a desktop) starts the 'display' mode which gives you a full-screen gallery of images one by one.

• Like 1

You have some limited control over table/ screen size - click in any cell and the drop down offers "match note width" which you can use to jump out >> or back in <<

What a nifty little tip, thanks

be careful you didn't select the image itself: use arrow keys to get into the cell if necessary!

I had to do the thing you said not to... lol  ...even just highlighting the image within a cell and clicking 'match note width' achieved the same result... thanks again

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...