PDF Searchability after Premium account lapses

Hello!

I am a veterinary student and I am looking into switching from OneNote to Evernote. I am needing to do a premium account with Evernote if I make the switch because I need the PDF searching capabilities. My question is - if my premium account lapses (i.e. when I'm not a student anymore and don't want to keep paying), will I still have the ability to search within PDFs for notes I've created during the time I've had a premium account? If anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Meechmo said:

Hello!

I am a veterinary student and I am looking into switching from OneNote to Evernote. I am needing to do a premium account with Evernote if I make the switch because I need the PDF searching capabilities. My question is - if my premium account lapses (i.e. when I'm not a student anymore and don't want to keep paying), will I still have the ability to search within PDFs for notes I've created during the time I've had a premium account? If anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Yes.  Also, any PDF you OCR yourself is searchable in EN, whatever the subscription level.  Unless EN has made a change in the last year.

• Level 5

Hello, search depends on having a paid account, when the OCR is done on the EN server.

EN will not modify the pdf itself, the OCR data is saved in the note.

If you OCR the pdf yourself before uploading it, the OCR data is embedded into the pdf itself. If OCR data is found in a pdf, EN will not OCR it again. Because it is a property of the pdf itself, you can search it, as well by using OS-based search tools like Windows search or Mac Spotlight.