(Archived) Happy Scriptember!

Veritrope

Idea

Hi Everyone,

Evernote released Version 1.11.0 earlier tonight -- and it contains some very substantial improvements to the AppleScript implementation!

In the coming weeks, I’ll be posting new revisions of almost all the existing Evernote AppleScripts on my website. There will also be many *brand-new projects* coming — ones that will bring smiles to many faces!

But let's start things off with this...

There are already some excellent resources to learn AppleScript available, but I hope to augment those by offering an AppleScript Code Library . I've just opened it up for testing and, though there's only a few items in there now, it'll shortly be filled with lots of AppleScripts -- especially Evernote-related code!

I'm imagining it as a "Project Oriented" place for you to share your bits of AppleScript with fellow Mac Evernoters. If you're a beginner, you'll be able to see and grab working snippets of code that you can reuse in your own AppleScript projects. And maybe most exciting of all, you will be able to add your own projects and get the suggestions of your fellow Mac Evernoters on how to make it better (or, if you're a scripting genius, I suppose you can just bask in their gratitude!)

It’s a little rough around the edges, so I’m going to give you guys a few days to play around with it while the look and workings are still being sorted out. Please let me know what you think:

http://veritrope.com/code

When I think it’s in fairly stable shape, it'll get a "proper" launch.

(More on *that* soon!).

2 replies to this idea

Archived