ALL my notes disappeared - just like that

vaishalin

Idea

I am using evernote for a few years now - just hit refresh on my browser and all my notes disappeared - tried to login again - but 

not much luck - any ideas what's possibly going on - I have never encountered such an issue before

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. It would help to know what browser and operating system you are using, and also which version of the Evernote Web interface. The Beta version may have some problems that can be solved by clicking on the button at bottom right and switching to Classic; or clicking on your initial at top left and choosing the "Previous" version from the Account menu.

This just happened to me as well, was using Evernote on Firefox and it went down the list of all my notes as if I were hitting the arrow key down, but it was actually rapidly deleting the notes one by one. I quickly clicked off and it stopped it but now I'm back two years of notes. Whenever I refresh the browser the notes are still gone and there are none in the trash.

I went to the Evernote app on my computer and all my notes are still there. They will only appear in the browser if I edit them though. I'm worried that if I refresh the app it will delete all my notes. How can I get these back?

• Level 5

Most likely nothing is lost. If you use the "new" or "beta" browser client, you should go back to the "classic" one. The new ones are not yet stable, and known sometimes to not show what is there. When you switch, if it does not effect the visibility of your notes, log off and back on .

• Level 5

To try out stuff, here mainly the new editor.

We should remember that „beta“ means pre-release, and is meant to test and collect bugs. The only thing is that one can very easy slip into the beta version with the EN web client, and not even notice it. There is a pretty high number of posts in the forum related to this.