Todo lists improvements

2xmax

Idea

Hello,

I wonder if you guys can improve UI in Evernote Web for creating todo lists:

1. Make a keyboard shortcut for the checkbox button.

2. If I choose a few lines and click on the checkbox button, make every line as a checkbox.

3. If the lines I selected are in the markdown list format, replace "- [ ]" to checkboxes. It can be useful if I copy and paste todos from other places.

4. If I choose a few checkbox items and press tab, make them nested. For example, I had a checkbox list like this

- [ ] item1
- [ ] item2
- [ ] subitem 21
- [ ] subitem 22
- [ ] item3
Then I selected subitem 21, subitem 22, pressed tab and got this:
- [ ] item1
- [ ] item2
      - [ ] subitem 21
      - [ ] subitem 22
- [ ] item3

P. S. Of course, everything I listed above can be done using various extensions, but to me, it looks like pretty much basic functionality that many of your competitors have out of the box.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, 2xmax said:

it looks like pretty much basic functionality that many of your competitors have out of the box.

Hi.  I don't believe that Evernote considers itself to be active in the 'to-do' market.  The web client you're probably looking at is a beta and will be improved,  but I don't know whether those elements will be in the list.  A lot of what you request is already possible in mobile or desktop apps,  and Evernote says that it is working towards similar operations in all platforms.